Prey

The importance of eating is something that all of the Clans are concerned about every single day. They eat to keep up strength and maintain the health of the Clan as a whole. Each of the Clans have a hunting specialty, due to the terrain they are familiar with and the traditions the cats are raised by.

Many different species of prey are hunted by the warrior cats. Usually, after killing prey, a cat will give thanks to StarClan for its life, and will bury it to keep it safe from other predators until they are ready to carry it back to camp. The remains (i.e. the bones, feathers, fur) are usually buried.

Cats will not kill prey only for fun, without the intention of using it to feed oneself, or the Clan, as this is part of the warrior code. It is also in the warrior code that the hunters may not eat until they have caught prey for the rest of the Clan. Traditionally, the weaker cats will be fed before the apprentices and warriors. The leader or deputy of a Clan must send more patrols before the cold weather strikes. In leaf-bare, prey is much harder to find than in any other season.

PREY

Amphibians

❉ Frogs

❉ Toads

Avians

❉ Eagles

❉ Hawks

❉ Falcons

❉ Finches

❉ Thrushes

❉ Sparrows

❉ Lark

❉ Crows

❉ Pigeons and Dove

❉ Starlings

❉ Magpies

❉ Pheasants

❉ Wrens

❉ Moorhens

❉ Blackbirds

❉ Chickens

❉ Robins

❉ Wagtails

❉ Lapwings

❉ Eggs

❉ Owls

❉ Ravens

❉ Jays

❉ Kestrels

❉ Goose

❉ Heron

❉ Buzzards

Fish

❉ Trout

❉ Minnows

❉ Perch

❉ Pike

❉ Eel

Mammals

❉ Bats

Soricomorphs

❉ Shrews

❉ Water Shrews

❉ Voles

❉ Water voles

Lagomorphs

❉ Rabbits/Hares

Reptiles

❉ Snakes

❉ Adders

❉ Lizards

Rodents

❉ Squirrels

❉ Mice

❉ Wood Mice

Instects

❉ Ant

❉ Beetle

❉ Fly

❉ Maggot

❉ Moth

❉ Spider

❉ Wasp

Worms

❉ Earthworms