Tony x Reader

Warnings: None

Note: Coulson is dead in this so yeah..

----------------------

What was it like dating the genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist that was Tony Stark? As of late you actually didn't know. You'd been dating the billionaire for just over a year when he started becoming more distant and concentrating on his suits. You let it go at first assuming it was his way of dealing with stress and anxiety but it only made it worse knowing Pepper was coming back to town. Tony and Pepper broke their relationship off when she got the news of Coulson's death. She blamed it on Tony, said he could have saved him if he wasn't busy arguing with Steve- Phil could have lived. When you met Tony, he was a wreck. He took her words to heart and believed that she was right.

'Tony-' You called out as you walked hesitantly into his lab.

He looked at you and offered you a tired smile.

'Babe, it's late.' You said hugging him from behind.

You felt his muscles move with every tinker he added to his suit. You rested your cheek on his back and felt him tense up slightly.

'Babe, can you just give me a few minutes?' He mumbled.

You felt your frustrations growing when you unsnaked your arms from his torso.

'You know what, you always say only a few minutes but I'm tired of falling asleep without you.' You huffed.

He looked at you longingly before the glass door slammed and you trudged up the stairs towards your bedroom. He slammed his wrench down and glared at his project.

'Damn you-' He huffed as he ran a hand through his already messy brown tassels of hair.

He'd been hard at work trying to create a device for SHIELD that would act as a protector to single Agents in hopes of saving future mishaps that may go wrong like Coulson's death. Why did he care so much? You were and Agent and when Pepper's words floated in his mind it tore him apart to think about it happening to you.

'Jarvis, give me a read on my progress.' He muttered.

Jarvis took a moment to calculate before he chimed back.

'Only a few more minutes are needed to calibrate then it should be prepared to test.'

Tony nodded contently before grabbing the chip and placing it behind his ear. Testing this would require him to put his life at risk but it was all worth it if the final product worked.

'Fire it up boys.' He called to his suits.

The chip activated and he felt a thin yet invisible armor surround himself.

'Ready, Jarvis?' He asked looking towards his set up camera.

In one swift second he witnessed his repulsors shoot, ready to kill, towards his apparently unarmed body. He held his breathe to see how long this invisa-armor would last until Jarvis confirmed that its results were infinitely a success. He clapped his hands together happily and removed the chip before climbing the steps towards the bedroom.

'She'll be so proud of me-' He muttered as he brushed his teeth.

You were sleeping when he eventually climbed into the fluffy bed but he didn't hesitate to pull you close and whisper his goodnights in your ear hoping it would make its way into you world of dreams. You woke the next morning and saw Tony snuggled into the pillow next to you as he held your waist firmly with his arm; it really was hard to stay mad at him. Grumpily you slid from his grasp and got ready for your day. You had training at SHIELD so you wouldn't be back until after dinner, however, you planned a nice surprise for Tony so you made arrangements with Fury that you could leave an hour earlier.