Chapter One - Part One: Broken Ice

Uncertain about what might happen during the summer ahead, Dipper stepped off of the bus and took in the view of the Mystery Shack for the first time in four years. Dipper's heart was pounding inside of his chest, he was nervous about once again greeting his great uncles, his friends (the Mystery Shack staff), but most of all, his twin sister, Mabel, who did not seem too thrilled by his presence the last they were together.

"No, this is stupid," he mumbled to himself, knowing that the weight of the atmosphere would not lift, but most likely sink at the sight of his sister. Knowing Mabel, she was not likely to forgive you within three years unless you actually apologized within that time. Dipper knew only too well that his sister had grown a custom to "the sport of grudge holding", as she called it.

After a brief moment's hesitation, Dipper thought it best to just get back on the bus and keep going, but just as the thought occurred he heard a rumbling noise coming from behind him. Turning around, Dipper saw that the bus doors had closed and the bus was starting to drive away.

"No, wait! Come back! Please!" Screamed Dipper as he tried to chase after the bus. No more than five seconds later, Dipper tripped and fell into a puddle of mud that most likely stained his clothes and new glasses. "Great," Dipper mumbled as he tried to wipe the mud off of his glasses. Once they were good enough to see through, he stood up.

"Dipper...?"

Dipper turned around to see, on the porch of the Mystery Shack, holding a cardboard box filled with (what Dipper hoped were fake) animal limbs, Mabel. She had grown a few inches since the last Dipper saw her, and she looked a lot different than she did the last the two were together.

"Dipper..." she repeated gloomily.