Chapter 30

The hot sun beat down on my back. I drank all of my water already and we only had been walking for like 45 minutes. We still couldn't find any help or any cars to flash down to ask for help.

"We should just go back, before we die. "I said feeling tired and hot.

"Were not going to die." He chuckled "plus I think were coming up to a city." He said while pointing ahead.

I looked strait and saw small buildings starting to get big. I felt relieved that we finally found a city to get help.

We walked through a little bit and went to a cafe to ask someone for help. We asked the cashier and they told us to walk a couple blocks over to the car rental and ask them.

So we walked a phew blocks over and got to the car rental. We walked up to the cashier and asked them.

"Do you know why a car would break down all of a sudden for no reason at all??" Simon asked them.

"Say what??" The guy yelled.

"Our car broke down about an hour and a half ago for no reason at all. We checked the tires and the engine but nothing seemed wrong. We can't figure out what the problem is. So can you help us? Do you have any idea why a car would do that?" Simon asked.

"Well sometimes cars turn off when they get to hot. Mostly to fix the problem you just have to let it sit for a while then simply turn it back on."

Simon and I looked at each other then looked back at the guy.

"Well its sitting out in the sun because it broke down and we can't fix it, so will it still cool off enough to work??

"I don't think so dude, it needs to be in a cool environment.

"OK thanks."

Simon led me outside and we looked at each other with worried expressions.

"What are we going to do?? We can't get someone to go out there to tow the car cause were to young!" Simon said to me.

"I don't know, were probably just going to have to go back and tell your dad the problem, then we can walk back here and he can get help.

"Alright let's go then." Simon said while walking away.

"Wait didnt we walk in that way?? I think your going the wrong way." I said while pointing. Simon walked over me and looked in the direction I was pointing.

"No I remember we came in this way." He said while walking away again. I hesitated for a minute then ran up to catch up to him.

I looked back and saw the city get smaller and smaller as we walked farther away in the wrong direction....

Thank you for reading!! Love you all! More to come!!! Have a nice day!! :)