Last and Final Heart Beat

Start from the beginning

Everyone looked at me, as disappointment and disbelief struck their faces.

"You brought someone into our home and kept it a secret?" Mom asked.

I felt guilty. I wanted to answer but nothing came out.

"You are so grounded." She said.

Derek's skin began to look pale as he started sweating uncontrollably.

A knock sounded at the door. Everyone looked from Logan to the door, to the door to Logan again.

"Hey, fat ass you gonna get that?" Logan asked staring at my dad.

Mom ran to the door and opened it.

"Rachel!" I shouted as soon as I saw her.

"Avery!" she shouted back. We locked into a hugged as Rachel's dad, with his shot gun, pointed it at Logan who was still sitting on the stairs.

"You must be Rachel, Avery did say you were gonna meet me one day." Logan said, reaching his hand out as a greeting.

"You got a lot of nerve coming into this town boy." Rachel's dad said, pulling the trigger.

"Nice to see you again Mr. Cooper." He said, casually throwing his hands behind his back.

"Wait, you guys know him?" My mom asked, shaking with fear.

"I killed his parents, thought I killed him as well." Her dad explained.

"No sir. Missed me by one bullet." Logan said, pulling a bullet out of his pocket. "The same bullet that should've killed me, but killed my dad instead." He said, balling the bullet into his fist.

My dad pulled the trigger on his mini gun.

"Where's Derek?" Mom asked.

"Oh no." Rachel whispered.

Rachel grabbed my arm and made a run for it. We were heading for the front door until-

"Going somewhere?" Derek asked, licking his new set of teeth.

I had to catch myself from fainting.

"Oh my God." Mom said, holding her heart as she covered her mouth. Tears started forming in her eyes.

Rachel and I took a few steps back.

"You know Rachel. I've always had a thing for ya. Until I found out you were actually...a lesbian." Derek teased, with a very teethy smile.

Rachel's eyes grew wide and so did mines.

Logan appeared next to him in a quick blink of an eye.

"Even if I were straight, I'd still never date a loser like you." Rachel said, grabbing my hand as we both headed for the tairs.

"Wait!" I shouted, looking at my parents.

"Go! We'll be fine!" My mom said, hiding behind dad and Rachel's dad with a kitchen knife.

We both continued upstairs, heading in my room. Once we were in, I quickly shut and locked the door, a second after I heard gun shots go off.

Lot's of gun shots, like it were more than two guns downstairs, unless the police showed up.

Should've called the police, but they could be vampires too.

"What are you looking for?" I asked, out of breath.

"A-a-a rag or something to tie around this stake." She exaggerated, pulling a thick short piece of wood out of her purse.

For some reason my stomach started going numb when I saw that piece of wood. I shook myself out of it and ran to get a stack of shirts from my closet.