Chapter Five

I lift my head, searching for the source of that voice. The gunfire has ceased at this point.

"So, where is she?"

A man with pale skin, green slicked back hair, dark makeup around his eyes, red lipstick, silver teeth, and a tattoo that read damaged on his forehead stepped forward.

I stand up.

"Well that honestly depends on who you mean by she. There's a she in there." I say, pointing to the inside of the room, where the woman lays on the floor.

He stares at me, his head tilted. His mouth remains open, and he just watched me while taking steps towards me.

I walk up to him without hesitation.

"Though she's kinda bitchy." I whisper close to his ear.

"(Y/n), do you even know who he is?!" A man calls from the floor.

"Sure I do."

"(Y/n)... " he speaks.

"Sup?" I reply, to which he snaps his fingers, and his men grab me, throwing me over their shoulder.

"Woah, didn't even have a date first but alright!" I laugh aloud, voice cracking.

With a bang, the doors shut behind us. I watch as the people inside begin standing up and chatting as if nothing happened. Figures. Trust no one, right?

They walk me up to a gorgeous car, and put me down.

The man walks up to the driver side door before smiling at me and getting inside. I shrug, and go to open the passenger side door. He peels out of the parking lot before I can even open it.

A van pulls up beside me, and I get in, the men piling in behind me. They all referred to the man as the Joker.

~

We arrived at this beige, dull-looking building. The car that the Joker drove was already outside of the place, parked in a way that it took up 3 parking spots.

Everyone spilled out of the van and started entering the building. I followed, and as soon as I entered the building, so many lights and loud music completely engulfed me.

It was full of people, all sitting around tables and having drinks, polishing guns and knives. I was lead past a stage. Women danced all around the stage, and I walked over to it and leaned over the edge.

I was interrupted by a tall man walking over to me and tapping me on the shoulder. He gestured for me to follow him, and I did.

He lead me into a back room, opening the door and allowing me to enter.

Once I did, he shut the door behind me.

In front of me, a large desk with transparent golden fabric hanging all around it.

Behind it, sat the king himself.

"Well, well, well... Take a seat!"

"Well don't mind if I do." I say, grabbing the chair and pulling it away like I'm leaving the room. I stop after he gives me no reaction. "Okay, that's usually the part where you laugh."