Chapter 3

"Okay fine, it all started the first day of summer a few years ago..."

"My twin sister Mabel and I where invited to spend the summer here in Gravity falls with our great uncle in his shack. At first we had a pretty normal summer in the woods, camping, exploring, just being kids. But after awhile Mabel and I noticed late into the night our uncle would leave the shack and not come back for hours. So one day we both decided to follow him and see what he was up to...our first mistake. We followed him for the longest time deep into the forest when out of nowhere a large building came into view, the first red flag was the building had electric fences surrounding its perimeter, the second was the men dressed in white lab coats pushing in bins of some sort. Mabel and I had no idea that we should have ran away, foolishly we didn't and we where caught by two large men who carried us into the facility. We shouted for our uncle and soon he saw us. He did not look happy...
He said something along the lines of 'not this soon' but then counteracted himself and told them to place us in a prison like room. We had no idea t-the h-horror we'd go through."
Tears started to steam down my face as the memories flashed back.
"T-they took us both and e-experimented on us w-with scalpels and needles, I-injecting medication none stop. We tried calling for help b-but...nobody came. Soon we gave up...we where shallow, unfeeling and deformed we even stopped talking to each other and became like animals." I paused while trying to regain my composer as Bill waited for me to continue.

"One day though word broke out through the facility that someone or something escaped, we had a new found strength, something now that could keep us going and brought us back, finally after an uncountable amount of time we had hope. Experiment after experiment finally turned us both into this cat human creatures. Once that happened we where even more tested and abused but still we had hope. We came up with a plan, a way to escape but before we could put it in action one of the men took Mabel for another test...she never came back...I waited for something anything that would tell me she would come back...but she didn't. After that though they stopped their tests...I don't know why they didn't kill me, they left me to suffer and die alone. The only thing keeping me going was Mabel's memory. I couldn't die after living a meaningless life, no I wouldn't die.
So that's when I escaped..."
After a few minutes of waiting for a response from Bill he finally spoke up.
"Can I ask just one question..."
"Sure?"
"What was your great uncles name." He looked at me dead serious.
Hesitantly I replied not even wanting to think about him, "His name is Stanford Pines."
________________________________
Short chap I know but I'm back so expect more updates soon :3