Halo gasps, his scream stuck in his throat.
He shakily drags himself out from under the bed, wings limp as blood soaks his feathers.
He stands- knees shaking when he turns he sees the red soaked fur of the white wolf with his father's body hanging from his mouth.

Falling to his knees, his hands burning the wooden floor as he cries.
He lets out the loudest scream, fire swallowing his body, and soon taking over the house.

Howls of pain leave the murderer, Halo opens his eyes to see him running into the woods- fire still burning his body.

Hours pass before the fire stops, nothing but stone and ash in its wake.
Halo lays there, body curled up as his tears begin to stop running out.

When he sees all of the damage he has done- a heart broke cry leaves him, his home- his family.

Gone.

He searches the rubble- hoping to find something- anything, but all he finds is a large safe.
The safe was untouched by the fire, and it was not locked at all.

Inside lays a backpack- clothes, money, photos, and a list of banks- all left to him.

He clings to the bag, his bare body covered in black ash and blood.

"I'm alone"

-------- 11 years later --------

First day of school.

- halo POV -

Damn hair

Grumbling- I again try to fix my hair, and it still defies me.

Sighing I throw my brush in the sink, pink fluff covering my eyes.
I drag my self to the kitchen, the beeping of the microwave signaling my slice of heaven is warmed.

Apple pie- the best damn thing on this planet, and the only sweet dish I can fix.
As I begin to dig into breakfast my watch beeps, almost time to leave.

I make quick work of my breakfast before washing my dishes, rolling my shoulders- cracking them and my neck.

I slip on my black sneakers, my light blue jeans falling just over the tops.

I sling my bag over my shoulder before giving a dash of fish food to my black goldfish, slipping into the hall of the apartments I lock my door.

Running down the stairs I unlock my bike from the bike rack, straddling it as I push open the door.

____________

Chatter takes over in waves- eyes watching me as I chain my bike, I grip the bottom of my sweatshirt as I fight the feeling to hide.

Confidence, chin up.

I take a deep breath before walking through the groups of people, not of them hiding the fact they are staring.
Slowly I make my way to the office, the papers in my hand already filled out for beginning school.

I wait- the woman at the front desk busy with a slender, tall, and very pale male.
I clear my throat- they obviously would not notice me otherwise, I hand the woman my papers and wait.

I glance to my side, catching very familiar ruby eyes on me.
Looking back to the old- plump woman I speak up, her smile easing the butterflies in my stomach.

"May I have my schedule?"

She laughs, shaking her head before handing me a paper.

"I'm sorry dear, I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached!"

I thank her before turning to leave, bumping into the male who hasn't stopped staring at me.

Before I shut the door to the office I glance back, his eyes staying on me.

"It's rude to stare"

Then I head off to find my class, thankfully this school is small- much like the little town it's in.

I walk into the class, checking in with the teacher to make sure I'm in the class I need to be.

"Yes, the new student- class! Well all who are here at the moment, this is our new student- introduce your self"

I nod- gripping the strap of my bag, I turn to the class before I speak.

Confidence

"Hey- I'm Halo Legacy, uh- so I'm weird, queer, and I hate beer, uh that was stupid- I'm gotta just sit down now"

I trail to a low mutter before finding a seat in the back, as I was searching for a seat I noticed grey eyes watching me.

Is every guy here this rude?

People laughed and snickered, my cheeks warm from the embarrassment of that intro.
Soon the older man began to speak- but was cut off, the door swinging open as the guy from the office rushes in.

"Sorry- yell at me later, continue boring us!"

He laughs out as he sits, our teacher grumbles before going on.
His red eyes look to me with a smile, I just try to focus on what is being taught.

Them- focus on them.

No, I need to learn, go away!

I need to focus, not deal with this stupid voice in my head.

As the bell rings I can't help but jump, warm, and cold hands rest on me as two sets of rude eyes look down at me.

"Hello?"

What do they want?

(A/N)

Chapter one edited, please enjoy.

I did my best to improve this chapter if any chapters go missing it is due to me editing them.