Chapter 28: The Dangers

Start from the beginning

Lucius scoffed, and took one last look at me and Ginny, who was still holding onto me tightly.

"I will deal with you and your mother later," he sneered, "But for now I want them out of my house."

He took a step forward, but Draco did the same. He's still a Veela, I reminded myself, he won't let anything happen toe, or Ginny.

Sure enough, I felt his emotions change from fear to anger. "They aren't going anywhere," he spat, but it didn't seem to intimidate his father.

Lucius approached him again, and slapped him with the back of his hand, hard. Ginny inhaled sharply, and I squeezed her hand. I felt a sting in the side of my face as well, but I couldn't show it. I wanted to step forward and defend him, but I knew that wouldn't help.

Draco turned his head back to face his father, but remained silent. "Remove them!" Lucius yelled, only a few feet from his son's face.

"No," Draco said simply but without arrogance, trying to remain calm.

His father took another step forward, but Draco didn't flinch. Instead of taking it out on his son, however, Mister Malfoy advanced on me, and once again Draco stepped between us. Only this time his wand was raised, only a foot or two from his father's face.

"How dare you raise your wand at me!" Lucius roared.

"If you harm her," Draco said calmly and holding his wand steadily, but I could feel the fury within him, "I will do more than raise it."

Apparently believing him, Lucius took a step away from the three of us, and Draco lowered his wand. "I will discuss this matter with your Mother," the man said, and took another look at me and Gin, disgust lining his expression, "Enjoy your time here while it lasts."

At that, he turned around and he whisked himself down the corridor. Draco watched him as he departed, and even after he was out of sight continued to look that way. I could feel his anger subsiding, and his breathing returned to normal. "Good idea, Father," I heard him mumble to himself.

He turned around to face us, and I almost stepped back. He didn't look any different, but there was an unseen aura of danger around him and if I hadn't known better I would been afraid, too. I glanced at Ginny, she looked like she was about to turn and run as well. Noticing us noticing it, he didn't come any closer.

"Don't worry about it," he said, "It's just... he threatened you. I'll go back to normal."

"I can't believe you said those things to your Father," I breathed, looking between him, Ginny, and the floor.

He shrugged and sighed. "I didn't have a choice," he said simply. "I didn't know what he was going to do."

I nodded, and Ginny released her grip on me, her breathing returning to normal as well. "Should have remembered he's scary as hell," she whispered, still looking down the hallway.

Draco approached finally, and put his arms around us both, definitely making me feel better. "Are you alright, Ginny?" He asked, and she nodded.

He glanced at me, asking the same question with his eyes, and I nodded as well. "I didn't want that to happen," he admitted.

"It's not like you could have kept it a secret from him forever," I told him.

I could feel his emotions rising and falling in different ways again, and he looked like he didn't know what to say. "Hey," I started, and put my arms around him again, "I'm right here, and I'm all right. Don't worry about it."