My Hero Ch. 4

This my favorite so far!!!!! :) comment and vote please!!!!

-MirMir

Live Laugh Soccer

"What do you mean?" I asked him. That question just came out of the blue and startled me. He sighed, "Every time I think you like me you turn around and act like I am a complete stranger.""Well you are Nick I have only known you for three days." I told him. "That's where you are wrong. We have known each other since we were kids." He said not looking at me but at the road.

What is he talking about? I don't remember him at all. "What are you talking about?" I questioned him. "Up until the age of ten my family would come visit you guys here and we would always hang out." "You did?" I asked. He looked hurt that I didn't remember him. "Yes but then my mom got real busy with her job so we couldn't. My mom was so excited when my Dad was transferred here." Ok I feel horrible I didn't mean to forget.

I have no idea why I don't remember him. "Look I am sorry I didn't remember but I do like you. I mean what's there not to like. Apparently you were my first best friend so you can happily be that again if you want?" I told him seriously. He smiled, "I would like that." Just then we pulled into my driveway. "Nice House." He commented. "Thanks it is small but I love it."

We went inside and up to my room. "Can you grab my blue duffle bag from the closet please?" he nodded and walked to go get it. I looked at my calendar and yelped. Nick turned around, "What's wrong?" he asked. "I have a soccer game in an hour!!!" he looked relived. "Ok well pack and then get ready and I will take you there." He told me. I smiled, "Thanks." It took me fifteen minutes to pack and then I had to get ready. Of course that part was simple all I had to do was put on our home jersey on, then the warm ups, and then my cleats. I was putting my hair in a pony tail when I walked out of my bathroom to see Nick staring at a picture on the wall.

I came up behind him, "You are the boy in the picture aren't you?" I asked. We were staring at a picture of us apparently. We were both seven, he was giving me a kiss on the cheek while I held a flower that he must have given me. He looked at me and smiled, "Yes I am. I think that was my favorite visit." I looked down mad at myself I couldn't remember the visits.

It was his turn to tilt my chin up, "Hey I am not mad that you don't remember. You had a hard childhood growing up without your dad. It is fine." I smiled at him and grabbed his hand. "Let's go before I am late and get in trouble." He laughed and followed me out to his car. I made it to the game with five minutes till warm up started. I looked over at him, "You don't have to stay the game with be over in like an hour and a half so you can do whatever."

He scoffed, "I am going to stay and watch. I have never been to a soccer game." I stared in disbelief. How could he be a senior in high school and never see a soccer game? "Well then I think you just became the team's groupie. You haven't lived till you have seen a soccer game." This made him chuckle, "Ok then. Well get going you are going to be late."

I hopped out of the car with him following me. I told him to sit in the stands and I ran over to my team. "Girl you have got some game. First the hottest guy in school and now the hot new guy." My good friend Sarah said to me. "Shut up Sarah. We are just friends nothing else." She gave a yeah right look. I laughed.

"Ok guys today we are playing our big rivals and I know you want to win. But don't let that cloud your vision. Stay calm and use your head. You know that the goalie is short so aim high. Watch Emma number four she is fast we always need have to have someone on her. We can do this guys I believe in you! Now coach wants to tell us some stuff before we warm up." I told my team, before every game because I am captain, I have to give a pep talk. Our coach came over and gave us our positions and a run down on what we did to do.