Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

“I had been tricked, duped, most of all I had betrayed my wife. Martha came home the next day, and I had decided that I would never tell her about what had happened. Nine months later, while Martha was out grocery shopping, I heard a sharp knock on the door.  I opened the door to find your mother standing there with a bundle in her arms. She smirked when she saw me. She told me that she had a baby, and that I was to take care of you for her until you turned eighteen.”

“I asked her why I would do that and she told me that she was a Shadow.” I gasped. A Shadow was one of the most powerful werewolves. They were royalty in the werewolf world. No one ever dares to disobey them. “I couldn’t say no to her of course, so I took you in. When Martha came home I told her someone had left a baby on our front porch. She instantly fell in love with you. We adopted you and took care of you until she died.”

I looked at him stunned. My mouth was hanging wide open, but my throat was clogged up. There was nothing I could say. My mother wasn’t Martha, but a Shadow?

He chuckled lightly at my reaction. “I expected that.”

“Why do all of my weird dreams have anything to do with my mom?” I asked one of my many questions.

“Well, you see these wolves that are attacking these girls work for your mom. They are highly experienced hunters that will kill anything and anyone in their path to get their target. You in this case.” He said.

“Why am I their target?”

“Well, you use right now your mother is the queen right now, but she will need a successor which is you. What I don’t understand is why she needs you now. She told me she would not get you until you turned eighteen.” He said trailing off.

“I don’t care if she is my mother; I am not going to go with her.” I told him. I didn’t care if she was my mother or not, I was not going to go with her little hunters and become queen. No thank you.

He laughed humorously. “She can get whatever she wants. I am surprised that she hasn’t already taken you. I guess her hunters are just playing around and trying to send us threats. Hence your nightmares."

Tears welled up in my eyes. “But daddy...”

He pulled me into a big hug. “Don’t worry, I have already talked to the alpha and he is going to assign a guard to be with you at all times.”

I felt a little better, but my stomach twisted at the thought of having to rule over all of the werewolves. I was absolutely terrified at the thought of meeting my mother. She sounded like a harsh, cruel person in every way.

My eyes drooped form exhaustion. I tried to keep my eyelids open, but my dad saw me struggling and kissed my head. “You need to get to sleep. You have school tomorrow.”

He picked me up and tucked me under the covers. I snuggled into my warm bed and fell asleep.

“Hello! Wake up miss sleepy head!” A shrill voice yelled into my ear.

I groaned and tried to put the pillow over my face. A hand stopped me. “Nope, I am here to make you beautified!”

I pried my sleep deprived eyes open to find a beaming Charlene standing over my bed. “Come on sleepy head get up! Today is the day!” She squealed excitedly.

She yanked my arm and pulled me out of the bed. She pushed me into the bathroom and shut the door. I didn’t even get a chance to say anything before she opened the door and shoved clothes into my hands.

I stared at the door for a moment before setting the clothes on the counter and stripping off my clothes to take a quick shower.

I had barely got any sleep last night after that talk with my dad. I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that I am a Shadow. That is like saying I’m the queen’s daughter in a human’s case.

I washed my hair with some coconut shampoo and strawberry shower gel. I smelled like an array of fruits when I stepped out of the shower.

Charlene had brought me a short gray sweater dress with a pair of black leggings. They were no doubt from her closet seeing as I have no dresses in my closet.

I dried my hair and brushed it out deciding to leave it in case Charlene wanted to do something with it. As soon as I walked out of the bathroom I was grabbed and seated in a chair.

She quickly did my make-up which consisted of a thin line of brown eye liner on the top eye lid and some mascara to make my brown eyes pop.

It was simple but effective.

I put on a pair of lace up boots with a little heel on the end that Charlene had got for me and I was done. Charlene gave me a once over and smiled approvingly.

I walked down stairs and was about to go into the kitchen when the doorbell rang.

“Can you get that Kim? It’s probably the guard that the alpha sent over!” My dad yelled from the kitchen.

I diverted my direction and opened the front door. My jaw dropped when I saw who it was.

“Why hello my feisty little mate.”

IMPORTANT: For all of you who are reading this story, I have some news that is about my updates. I know I have spoiled you guys with every other day and sometimes everyday uploads, but that is because of my two week break for Christmas. I still have a week left, but I just wanted to warm you so you had a heads up that once school starts again, I won’t be uploading very often.

I get my report card two weeks into January and that is going to be my main focus. Working for those A’s! =p

 I WILL STILL UPLOAD REGULARY UNITL THE WEEK AFTER NEXT, THIS IS JUST A WARNING.

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!=s)