Chapter One

"Hello?"
"Ms. Devron! I'm glad that you've decided to take this emergency job as a nanny for my son."
"It's no big deal. I love kids and I hope that Brahms will come to love me as much he does you."
"Ah, I know he'll enjoy having you. He's been dying to meet you! Ever since he told me about what happened with Greta, I knew I had to do some research for the perfect nanny. I'm truly grateful to have you watch him."
"The pleasure's all mine. Oh, I'm here!"
"Splendid. There's a spare key under the door mat. There's more keys like for the car and gate to the pool inside. Take care of my son, please."
"I will, Mr. Heelshire. You take care. Bye!"

Ooo!! She steps out of the car as it stops outside the mansion, her big blue eyes gazing at its gothic theme. So nice.
All around was lush green trees, a pond on the side, and a pool in the back. Who would leave this place to go somewhere else?
"Hey! Are you Camelia!?" A male voice shouts.
For a minute, she looks around before looking up at the building to find a man with brown hair and blue eyes. He was holding a doll.
"Come on inside!" He waves.
Camelia gives him the thumbs up and looks back at the driver who was already bringing her things in.
Confidence. She clears her throat and walks towards the building, quickly stepping through and looking around. The house was spotless. The furniture a little dingy but all was well. Brahms must've tooken care of his home until someone came along. How responsible.
She makes her way upstairs, carefully watching her step.
"You're a good kid, aren't you?"
Camelia peaks around the corner to find the male rubbing the doll's head. When spotting her, he stands up and extends his fair hand, "Lucas. You must be Camelia?"
His eyes scan her every feature. Short with long blonde hair tied into a messy bun with one brown eye, the other closed. She had the pear body type censored by a white button and black skirt with pumps. She was pretty cute.
"Yes. Up here is Camelia," she says with a smile. "How has Brahms been?"
Lucas rolls his eyes, "he tarnished the house. I had to clean up everything and I made sure he didn't destroy anything else but overall, he seems fine. He has a few cracks in his face."
Camelia raises both eyebrows, "Oh."
Lucas frowns as he rubs Brahm's head, his eyes lowering, "I know he must be sad without Greta. I heard he really liked her."
"Yeah," she looks over at him. "I heard you wanted me to look after you now, Brahms. I can't wait to play with you later."
There's silence before Lucas breaks the ice, "so, since it's about that time. I'm going to head to the store to gather up some snacks for you and him. Be back later."
He then picks up Brahms and carefully places him in Camelia's arms. "Take care of him."
"I will," she says as she cradles the doll.
She noticed he had a little weight on him.
Lucas waves and makes his way downstairs.
When hearing the door close, Camelia takes a seat on the bed and just holds him close. Her voice just below a whisper, "Brahms. I'm here for you now... Just know I'll never hurt you. I'll always be here."

Camelia?

She jerks her head around in search of the voice. Brahms? She stands up and does a quick spin.
Suddenly, the phone rings almost making Camelia drop him.
Carefully, she places Brahms in his chair and rushes to the next room to answer the phone.

"Hello?"
"Camelia... You're pretty.."

She chuckles a little, "that's sweet of you, Brahms. Is this the only way you can talk to me?"

"Camelia, why aren't you scared?"
For a moment, she thinks.
Yeah...She should be scared... but...
"Brahms, I know what you are. As long as I take care of you, you won't hurt me. I also know you wanted me here, right?"

"Yes, ma'am."
Click.

With a smile, she hangs up the phone and walks back to Brahm's room where she finds him on the floor with his toys.
Without hesitation, she gets on her knees and crawls over to him and starts to fiddle with the toys.
Making the Optimus Prime say "Autobots. Roll out." Making the princess tell Brahms how good of a boy he was.
She knew exactly why she wasn't scared. He was just a boy. A kindhearted child who died before he got the chance to live his life. If he wants to live within a doll and be cared for... why not give him that?

After awhile of playing, Camelia takes Brahms downstairs for dinner. It felt like his spirit was watching her or following behind her at least.
She walks into the kitchen and places him in his chair.
"I'm going to prepare dinner, okay?" She smiles and walks over to the pantry to withdraw the ingredients for his favorite meal.
As she starts to prepare, she hears a creak in the walls and commotion outside.
"Brahms.... Stay here," She demands as she picks up a knife from the counter, her eyes darting to the hall.
"Get the hell off me!"
It was Lucas's voice loud and clear. Such animosity in his tone.
"You killed our friend!" A man shouts.
Camelia makes her way into the hall, her eyes on the front door glaring at multiple shadows surrounding one.
They were arguing. Arguing over some guy that got killed.
The door swings open with Lucas falling on his back and men tossing smashed groceries onto him.
One man out of the group looks up at Camelia, taps the shoulders of his friends and they take off.
"Oh my God..." She rushes to his side and places her hand on his cheek. "Lucas, are you okay? What did they want?"
Lucas grunts a little as he staggers to sit up, "they're some bikers who come by to harass me if not the house. They say the last guy that came here never returned and they're blaming me. They egg the place when I'm gone and they throw chlorine pods in the pond to try to kill the fish. They vandalized the last few vehicles I had."
Bothersome men. Camelia places her hand on his back, "take it easy." She leans over to close the door. "I'm here now so why not I just go shopping and you watch Brahms?"
Lucas shakes his head but falls back onto the ground, his eyes closing tightly, "agh! Fine! But I think Brahms would love to go with you. We're cool and all but he's been wanting to spend time with you since "I" got here." He raises an eyebrow. "Where is he anyway?"
Camelia jolts and looks towards the hallway, immediately locking eyes with the doll.
"He's right there," she uses her head as a gesture.
"Go ahead and get him ready for bed. I'm going to crash on the couch," he holds his stomach as he tries to get up once more. "I gotta clean this up too.."
"No, don't worry about it. You just rest easy and I'll get it up." She crawls over to Brahms and scoops him up in her arms before standing, "I'll make sure you get a big breakfast tomorrow." She kisses his forehead and heads upstairs to his room.
Upon enterimg, she notices the toys were cleaned up and the bed was made for him to sleep in.
She walks over to the drawer for pajamas and quickly but carefully changes him into his pajamas.
"Good night, Brahms," she whispers. She leans in to plant a kiss on his forehead then lays him down in bed. She pulls the blankets over his little frame and heads over to turn the lights off.
"See you in the morning," she waves and heads back downstairs to check on Lucas.
"You okay?" She chimes.
Lucas simply stares at the ceiling and mumbles, "yeah. I cleaned up the mess."
"I told you not to."
"But I did," he retorts. "Now go get some sleep so you can get up in the morning to buy groceries. I'll fix Brahms's breakfast for you."
"Uh..." She scratches her head. "Thank you and good night.."
At that, she heads upstairs "again" to go to her room. On the way, she glances in Brahms's room to check on him before going in her own.
He actually spoke to her today.
Why aren't you scared of me?
That question rang in her head as she undresses herself. Why would she be scared of him? Greta may have been but she wasn't or going to be. He's just a boy that wants love & attention.
She kicks off her pumps & falls onto the bed in her undergarments.
Today wasn't so bad. It was nice to be honest.

"Aye! Baby girl!"

Her eyes flash open at that voice. It was that guy from earlier.
Tch, she turns over and places a pillow over her head. Dick.

"Aye!"

For awhile, he continues this. It drove Camelia crazy. He had to be tired right!

"Yo bitch! I know you hear me!"

Camelia turns over to give him a piece of her mind but when hearing police sirens, she turns back on her side and proceeds with her search to find sleep.