"Miss Radcliff. I hope you won't forget about the essay on monday." He said slowly and then turned to Dumbledore before leaving the room.

"Now. Remember where we left off last week?" He said and we walked over to the pensive.

"Merope Gant. My great grandmother. And her family." I looked around the room. I was breathing slowly. I rembered how awful It had felt when I left this room last time. But I wanted to know. I needed too.

"Ah! Quite an awful memory." He say and he sit down in his chair.
"As you remember. I told you that Merope's son was left at an orphanage after her death. Where I'm taking you now. Is where I first met Tom Riddle. The man we now call by another name."

He walked up to the pensive and took out a bottle.

"Remember what I said last time. We can choose what we want to see. If you don't want to know anymore. I will understand." He looked at me before emptying the bottle.

"Yes. But I need to know. I want to know why my mother died."

The surroundings started to spin and once again I was walking in one of Dumbledore's memories.

This time we were following the younger Dumbledore up the road towards a big mansion. The gates said "Wool's Orphanage". I looked around me and the clouds were dark. It was raining. A lady opened the door and welcomed Dumbledore inside.

"Tom's never had any visitors before. He is an unusal child. The others are scared of him." The lady showed the way up a staircase and we followed her towards a lonely door in the corridor.

"Tom, you have a visitor." Dumbledore steped inside and we both followed. On a small chair infront of the window sat a small boy. dark hair and a pale face.

"Hello Tom!" The young Dumbledore said and smiled at the lady to leave them alone. he sat down on the small bed and looked at Tom. I couldn't let my eyes of his face. dark brown eyes and dark hair. Just like Merope.

"You're not a doctor are you?" Tom said and Dumbledore smiled. "No I'm not. I'm a professor."

The young Dumbledore told him about Hogwarts and Tom listened carefully.

"I can move things without touching them. I can make animals do as I say. I can hurt people I don't like." I saw a smal grin upon Tom's face and a chill moved down my back. This was my grandfather. the darkest wizard of our time. i didn't know if I wanted to see anymore. But I needed to know.

The young Dumbledore wasn't afraid. He just talked calmly to the boy. Then after a few more minutes, we were back in Dumbledore's office.

"As you saw. Tom grew up among muggles. But he didn't see himself as different in a bad way. He saw himself as powerful. And when I told him that he was a wizard, it didn't come as a chock. If I had understood then what he would grow up to be. I might have done things different. But we should not dwell on the past." We walked back to his desk.

"Now miss Radcliff. I will not call on you next week. I think you should get a month to think about what we've seen." He sat down in his chair and looked at me.

"I have a question professor." I said and looked down on my hands.

"Yes?" He said and I looked up again.

"Tom Riddle. What made him so angry? I saw him grin when he told about what he could do. That he could hurt those he didn't like." I sat down on the closest chair and Dumbledore smiled.

"We can't know for sure. Merope did love him while she was alive. But Tom had been left alone. To be left on an orphanage and know that your father don't want you can do terrible things to your mind. When Tom knew he could hurt people, he saw a way to find his revenge. He never forgave his oarents for what they did and I think that is what made him the person he is today." He looked at me and I felt a rock in my chest. I knew the feeling. I grew up in fosterhomes. But I did have families. That was something Tom never had.

"Only you can choose what is right and wrong. And to dwell on the past and never forgive can be one of the hardest things to live with" he gave me a nod and then stod up.

"Now  I will leave you for this day. I will send you a note for when our next meeting will take place. Good night miss Radcliff." He said and I stod up.

"Thank you professor. I..." I didn't really know what to thank him for. Maybe for letting me know who I was and filling the hole inside me.

He just smiled and I left his office.

It was not that late. I believed I had been in there for an hour.

I had been used to not sleep early at nights. There had been so much new things and I had so many questions and thoughts.

I walked into my dorm. They were all out - I had heard people from the corridors.
I took a sweater and walked out in the castle.

One more evening in this magic castle. One more evening knowing that Voldemort was out there building his army. The boy who grew up in an orphanage and had been left alone. The darkest wizard of our time. My grandfather.