"Yeah, text me when you get home?" she asked. I nodded.

"Of course... well, if I remember I will," I replied.

"Don't tell me that! I'll worry about you!" I hugged her as she grabbed her bag and checked that everything that she had brought out with her was still inside before she left.

"Don't worry yourself, I will be fine!" I complained.

"I know you will but I still worry!" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Honestly there is nothing to worry about, Sara, if you don't get a text tonight I've stumbled in and gone straight to bed. I'll text you in the morning," I comforted.

"You promise?" Sara asked. I nodded.

"I promise, now go your mum is probably getting impatient now!" I replied, Sara smiled and hugged me once again, I wrapped my arms around her and she pulled away to grab her coat. She took one last sip of her drink, placed the empty bottle on the bar and walked away.

"Bye Saph," she called.

"Bye!" I replied, waving her off. She waved until she was no longer in sight.

I remained seated at the bar, I immediately started to feel a sense of loneliness as soon as I realised that I had no one to spend the night with; my best friend had gone home early and my other friends were amongst the crowds of people dancing somewhere on the dance floor who were also out of my sight, I was drunk enough as it was and very bored without anyone to have a conversation with. I wanted to go home and curl up in bed, Cassie and Amy wouldn't have had any idea of my whereabouts and quite frankly they probably wouldn't care anyway. I scrolled through social media on my phone, checking for someone who would be still awake to talk to.

To keep myself occupied I kept ordering drinks as I had nothing better to do with my time and I had Amy's credit card in my purse, which she had already told me the PIN number to and told me to use it as much as I wanted to because her Dad had just paid in a lot of money into her account from the US, where he lives. Amy had her Dad wrapped around her little finger since him and her mum divorced and she knew this and took advantage; he was always giving her money whenever she wanted it and all she had to do was stomp her feet or click her fingers and he was sending more and more money her way.

I became so bored that I began to read the labels that were on my bottles of alcohol.

"Please enjoy responsibly" it read.

I snorted. I doubt anyone takes any notice to that. Oh god, as if I'm getting entertained by a message written on a bottle, that no one really listens to," I thought. "What is my life coming to?!"

I started looking around to see if I could catch eye contact with Amy or Cassie but still, they were out of my sight. I then caught a glimpse of a rather attractive guy stood beside me at the bar, I couldn't help myself and soon realised that I was full on staring at him. From what I could make out, he was slim but had muscular arms that would probably be perfect for cuddling, he had light brown hair that was gelled up into some sort of style and light blue eyes, however I wasn't 100% sure if the colours were correct due to the multi coloured lights flashing across the room from the strobe lighting.

"Yeah I'd like another pint of bitter please," he ordered. His voice was deep and stern. The barman began to rush around to meet his order as quickly as possible, eventually he returned with the guy's drink, he then paid and then began to walk away. His feet got caught under one of the barstools near me and tripped, spilling some of his drink over my lap. I gasped in shock and stood up; I was completely speechless at the situation, the drink began to soak into my leggings making my legs wet and freezing cold as well as now reeking of alcohol. Great.