Chapter 25: You Niggas

Start from the beginning

Chris: So how school going?? I mean I know it just starting but you  ready for it and sorry I made you late  for your  first class tomorrow. How KJ adjusting to school? I  wanted to ask you a lot when I was there but I didn't really want you think I was all  in your business but now we back together I want know how you really doing

Me: Things are good, I just was on the fence about joining this basketball team. Nate and I was thinking about doing it just to get more involved but then I'll have to work harder being a an all around daddy student and ball player.

Chris: I mean I can help and be there for you and make sure KJ is picked up from school and all that.

Me: I know you would help out but I don't want be away from him but we'll see how it goes I'll try it out. The first practice is tomorrow at 3pm after my one class.

We  stayed up most of the night just cuddling and talking about everything filing each other in on life without the other. We then finally dropped sleep and I was awaken by Chris shoving me telling me to take a shower so we could've headed to catch the first fight out so I could make it back for class at ten. About five hours later Chris and I was back in OKC. I had to go dash home and get my shit. So I could've made it for class at ten and no one was home.

Chris: So you want me to get KJ from school and we'll come get you from school.

Me: I might go try out for the team but ilł carry my stuff just In case cause Nate already told me to bring my gear just In case we decide to check it out.

I packed a bag quickly with my kicks and ball clothes then I headed out to school.Chris drop me in my car and he went on his way for the day after nagging me for a kiss good bye. I felt no doubt that I made the right choice being with him again cause it felt good.

I ran to class's cause I was about to be late and Nate was telling me he saved me a seat. When I got to this class it was massively huge and it was Physics. I hated Physics but I was surprisingly good at it once you learn your forces. I saw him waving at me saying he was on the right fifth row and while the lecturer back was turned I tried to sneak. I got to the chair to sit when suddenly the lecture said young man that is sneaking in my class ten minutes late could you please state Newton's third law correctly.  If you get it wrong you can just leave and come back on time next class.

Me: Newton's third law states that if object A exerts a force on object B. Object B will simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction of object A.

Lecturer: Correct you may take your seat and try to be on time next time. What's your name by the way? I said Marc but everyone calls me Mjay. He said ok Mj I'm impressed but please be on time as he smiled at me.

Me: yes sir as I looked at him he didn't look old at all. He had this  Boris Kodjoe thing going on with the bald head hazel eye. I was saying in my head teach can get it as I sat down.

Nate: Hoe as he started to laugh trying to be quiet . I see you looking!

Me: man I wondering now if there is a way I can get an A without doing the work as we laughed. Teach could get it and he look twenty eight the most but let me stop before Chris hear me.

Nate: Excuse me? You two back together? You know what we going talk about this when we get out of class as he started to laugh.

As soon as class ended we headed in the cafe to get some food cause a nigga was hungry. We got burgers and fries and sat away from a few guys that were talking about trying out for the team. They were making fun of the team saying it was a joke because this school team wasn't to good.

Nate: You heard that? So you still want us try out for the team?

Me: I mean I wasn't doing it cause the team was good or bad I wanted to do it cause I actually love basketball. We would be every good  not the team don't you think?

Nate: Yea so let's go show these white boys how to  really play ball then as we started to laugh. Then he looked at me then he said you and Chris back together that's wassup. You happy?

Me: yea I feel like it was the right thing to do but this is the last chance  for us though. If it don't work I can at least say I try to be good but don't try outs start in like a next hour. Let's go in the gym and get changed and warm up a little.

I don't know why I was so heartfelt on playing ball but I just thought it would be dope  and something out of my character. We went in the gym and headed str8 to bathroom  to get changed. After we were in our ball gear we went on the court to shoot around with some of the guys that were patiently waiting for try outs to start. It was a hand of them but it wasn't much of them because everyone was saying the team stinked. We went on the court and  Kane was on the side lines just watching as he ran on the court to bother me.

Kane: So this why you don't want join us as he laughed but I think you going be a good fit  on the team. You might could help  them cause they stink the he laughed

Me: We're they that bad man I said as he started to laugh. He told me to look  at the record but I just went on the  court to shoot around as I told Kane I'd talk to him later. We started playing five on five on the court with  a few of the guys and Nate was on my team of course. Nate and I were just killing these young fellas but the funny thing is the coach was watching us. The coach said ok boys that's enough try outs are about to start. As we were coming off the court Nate and I were just laughing cause we killed them but two white boys were mad. They started to talk a little louder the one said where these niggas come from. Nate and my head turned like a saloon chair. It was on !