Chapter 27: The Visit

Comincia dall'inizio

"This is an interesting place," Draco admitted, looking around at the house, "You guys have what, nine kids in this house most of the time?"

Ron nodded slowly. Draco raised his eyebrows. "Wow," he sighed, "It's gotta be pretty exciting around here most of the time then, eh?"

I laughed. "You have no idea," Harry said, smirking to himself, "Aren't you an only child?"

Draco nodded. "You probably would have noticed if there had been two Malfoy children at Hogwarts," he laughed softly, looking at the floor, "Would have been something."

"Would have been a nightmare," Ron and Harry mumbled in unison, and we all laughed.

"I'm back!" Ginny exclaimed, jumping the last few steps with her bag, "And I have my stuff. Let's get out of here!"

She went straight to the fireplace and Draco and I joined her. "Bye guys," she said to the two boys who were still watching us apprehensively as we stood in the middle of the hearth with their old enemy.

Ron and Harry stood up to hug us all again. "It's only for a day!" Draco exclaimed jokingly, "They're not going off to war."

We all laughed and separated. "See you in a day," I said, glancing and Draco smiling to them. 

I took Ginny's hand in mine as we stepped into the fireplace. Draco took a handful of floo powder, and with his other hand took mine. "Malfoy Manor," he said clearly, and I saw Ron wave until we were engulfed in the green flames.

-

"Bloody hell!" Ginny exclaimed, and almost fell out of the fireplace until I let go of Draco and held onto her with both hands.

"Sorry," she said to me, gaining her balance back, "I haven't traveled by floo in a while, that's all."

"I'm the same way with apparating," I said.

Draco laughed. "I can vouch for that," he smiled, "Now I wonder where Mother is, I thought she would come to greet us."

We were standing once again in the Manor's living room, and it seemed Ginny had only just noticed her surroundings. "Dang," she breathed, and Draco laughed again, "This place is incredible."

"You should see the ballroom," he explained, "It's all decked out for the ball."

"You guys have a ballroom?" Ginny said, her mouth hanging open.

"You don't?" Draco joked, and Ginny glared at him.

"Damn rich people," she mumbled, and we all laughed.

"Why hello again, ladies!" A soft and familiar voice said.

We all turned to see Mrs. Malfoy rush into the drawing room. "Good to see you, Hermione," she said breathlessly, and hugged me tightly.

When she backed away, her gaze fell on Ginny. "Mother, this is Ginny Weasley," Draco interrupted.

Ginny took a step forward, I could tell she was nervous; she wasn't used to being around people like this in a place like this, probably. But to her surprise, Mrs. Malfoy hugged her as well. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ginny," she said.