Endless Love - Chapter 8

Endless Love...

By Mallory Quinn

Chapter 8

"Life as a rose..."

Time passed and Candy was starting to feel a lot better. She was happy again, and Annie was coming to see her everyday. She also spent a lot of time with Anthony. Eliza was jealous and the great aunt couldn't say much. There was suppose to be a big party to celebrate Candy's adoption. She had to learn the history of the Andrew family and Anthony was helping her. They often went out to be alone. They were sitting by the lake, on the grass and Anthony was holding her by the shoulders.

- Candy, I love you so much, he said, I can't wait to be of age and marry you...

- I love you too, Anthony

She didn't love him like she loved Terrence on the boat, but she loved Anthony, in a different way.

- I know you loved that ...Terrence that you often call out in your dreams...

- I can't hide it from you and you know it, she said softly, but I'm here with you now Anthony and I love you

- Did you...kiss Terrence, Candy?

Candy looked down and she thought about Terrence's first stolen kiss, her reaction; she slapped him. Then she thought about the kisses she consented to... and the one before falling in the icy waters.

- You can tell me, Candy, I'm not going to get angry...

- He surprised me the first time and I slapped him... and the next day when I saw him, he apologised. We got closer...it's yes, Anthony, I kissed Terrence...

Anthony felt a little hurt; she had loved someone else and she had kissed someone else...but she had been honest with him and he was the one she love now.

- I'm sorry if I'm hurting you Anthony, you're so good to me.... And if you don't want me anymore, I would understand...

- Candy, I'm not mad at you...you've been through very difficult moment and you've had feeling for Terrence... I'm not mad. Did he make you happy?

- Yes, it was brief, but the little time I spent with him, I was happy. He was the joy of living, and he laughed a lot... I know I wouldn't have seen him again after the trip... he was the son of a duke and I would've got with Jack... without knowing that I'm William Andrew's adoptive daughter...

- That's ok, Candy, what's important now is the present...

"Yes, said Candy in her head, Terrence my love, my very brief love, is dead...Anthony is alive. Life goes on...but my heart will go on loving you forever"

- The present moment... said Candy, the two of us...

- I love you and I want to marry you and show you the delights of love...show you that life can be beautiful, with me...

He took her in his arms. She put her head on his shoulders. Anthony looked for her lips and kissed her softly. Candy closed her eyes and savoured the kiss. Life goes on. Terrence would've wanted her to be happy and she will be happy with Anthony. The kiss was different from Terrence's, but the love she was feeling for Anthony was different too...

They went back to the manor on cloud nine. They were happy.

- Anthony, you want to go see a rodeo?

- Yes of course, with you...

- All right then, let's take the driver, like the great aunt said

They took the carriage and they went to a rodeo and they had a lot of fun. They went to see a fortune teller just for fun.