Chapter 32 : "An exciting evening"

The two weeks until the premiere of "Hamlet" went by really fast. Roselyne didn't get the opportunity to tell her mother that she wanted to be an actress. In fact, she was afraid to tell her. So she made sure she spend the night at her friend Lucie and go to the premiere on that evening. Her mother won't be the wiser.

- You're crazy! Said Dawson

- It's going to work! I'm going to go to the premiere en then I'll go spend the night at Lucie's... it's great

- It's stupid, you mean! Roselyne...

- Listen, it's Friday, tomorrow it's Saturday... I'll come back home on Sunday from Lucie's... everything will be fine...

- I hope so for you...

- You should come with me...I've got two tickets

- No, I have plans with my buddies...

- What kind of plans?

- Nothing you're interested in...

- Be careful...

- You too...

So Roselyne went at Lucie's. Candy has agreed and she had talked on the phone with Lucie's mother, everything was settled.

Roselyne went to the theatre alone. Lucie stayed to cover for her and make believe she was with her in the room...

Roselyne got all dressed up for the theatre, a very elegant evening gown and she had let her hair loose on her shoulders. But she got there late, so she wasn't able to go see Terry in his lodge. The play was already starting... Roselyne was amazed watching Terry on stage. He was shining, she had heard about Terrence Grandchester's talent, she had seen a glimpse of it when she visited the theatre with her school, but to see him on stage being triumphant, was an incredible sensation for her, she was crying of joy.

During the break, she went to stretch her legs and she was listening to the comments from the ecstatic spectators...

- Terrence Grandchester is the King of Broadway, all the plays in which he acts are magnificent, even when the story is not very interesting, his presence embellishes the story...

- And on top of that, he's very good looking! That Susanna Marlowe is so lucky!

- Yes, but yet, he still hasn't married her! They're been living together for 16 years!

- I'm wondering what he's waiting for, maybe he wants to be engaged forever

- What about her she loves him so much she's ready to take everything from him... she lost her leg 16 years ago... and she forced him to be with her, they say he broke up with the woman he loved to be with her...

- That's probably why he's not marrying her, she a constant reminder he lost the one he loves because of her...

Roselyne walked away, she didn't like hearing gossip on Terrence Grandchester, her "father" she admired him from afar, and she was a little afraid to be disappointed when she'll meet him in person, but that wasn't the case, he was everything she had imagined and much more!

*
* *

Meanwhile, Terry was in his dressing room with his mother.

- You were wonderful...

- Really?

- You know it baby! You're so talented! You're the King of Broadway!

- I didn't see Nora...

- Nora?

- Yes, I sent her two tickets for tonight...

- Maybe she couldn't come...

- Maybe, said Terry sadly, I wanted to introduce her to you

- I'll have the occasion to see her...

- Of course...

Eleonor looked at her; he was disappointed that his little protégée didn't come. She understood that Terry regretted not having a family, a daughter, like the one he had met... It wasn't the first time he meet a young girl that age... for some reason, that young girl has marked him. But not coming to the Hamlet Premiere, with a special invitation from Terrence Grandchester... maybe that young girl wasn't available, or she had parents who refused to her come to the theatre. Eleonor had seen a lot of young girls over the years, full of talent, whose parents refused to let them act in a theatre, judging it degrading, saying that a young girl's place was in her home, not on stage... Maybe it was the case of Terry's protégée.

The break was over and Terry had to go back on stage.

- I'm going back to my loge... I'm wondering why Susanna and her mother didn't come tonight...

- Maybe because I don't want to see them? I have to take their presence home all the time, my dressing room is kind of my sanctuary

- Susanna says it's because you sleep with little actresses during breaks...

Terry burst out laughing.

- Well that would be more fun than what I really do...

- You're a man Terry... you body has needs...

- ... real specific... and it's not Susanna...

- You mean...

- I need my wife mum...

- You know where she is?

- I know she's near

- What do you mean?

- I mean that for a while now, I... I'm sensing her presence... Candy is back in America, mum, I'm sure of it...

- You know when it's about Candy; I trust you... are you going to look for her?

- No.

- And why not?

- Si candy is in America... I'm sure that sooner or later, we'll end up meeting... the attraction we have for one another is going to bring us together

- All right... go back on stage quickly and I'll go back to my loge... see you later baby...

- See you later mum

Terry went back to stage and him mum to her place in her loge.