Part Two

Luhan slowly opens his eyes and looks at the girl who is sitting next to him. She looks a bit different. Is she really the girl I saw? Luhan thinks but nods slowly to himself. Maybe I just have a bad memory because of the lightning. Yeah that’s probably it.
 “W-who are you?” Luhan asks the beautiful girl sitting next to him and she looks at him.
 “Luhan, you’re alive! Thank god!” she says and gives him a big smile.
Luhan sits up and sees that he’s on a beach near the town.
 “Who are you?” he asks again and looks into her eyes.
 “Oh I’m sorry… my name is Zhang Li” the girl says and helps him up.
 “Zhang Li… I will remember that” he says and smiles at her.
 “Prince Luhan!” a familiar voice shouts causing Luhan to turn around. As he guessed, his servant Yixing is running towards him.
 “Yixing are you alright?” Luhan asks
 “Don’t care about me! Look at your arm, you’re bleeding!” the servant says and the prince looks at his arm. He didn’t notice that before. “Come on, let’s get you back to the palace” he says and drags Luhan away. The prince turns around and smiles at Zhang Li.
 “Thank you for saving me” he says and leaves with Yixing.

 “Where have you been?!” Mei’s father shouts as she swims in to the castle.
 “I was busy” she says
 “Busy?! You didn’t come home last night! What were you doing?”
 “I helped a human” Mei says casually. And everyone who was listening took a deep breath.
 “Helped a human?! How could you? They are bad and they only wants to kill us!” the king shouts
 “He was drowning! I needed to help him or he would die!”
 “You know the rules Mei! You are just a little kid, you can’t just swim around thinking everything is alright!”
 “I’m 17 years old! I’m not a little kid anymore and you know that! Just because something happened to mum, doesn’t mean it will happen to me!” Mei shouts and swims out of the castle.
 “Mei come back here!” she hear her father shouts but she just ignores him and keeps swimming.

 “Luhan! We were so worried about you!” his parents says when Luhan steps in to the castle.
 “I’m fine. Thanks to Zhang Li” Luhan smiles
 “Zhang Li? Who is that?” his mother asks
 “The girl who saved me and… the girl that I want to marry” he says and his parents looks shocked at him.
 “Marry? Luhan are you sure about that?” his mum asks
 “Yes, I’ve never been more sure about anything in my entire life” Luhan answers
 “Then that is decided. We’ll talk to her and hopefully she agrees” his father says and Luhan nods happily.

 “Mei, where are you going?” Blunder asks as he tries to keep up with her.
 “I’m going to Ursaula” Mei answers
 “What?! Mei you can’t do that? What are you going to do there?!” the fish asks
 “I want to be human” she says
 “What? Why?” Blunder asks
 “I want to see Luhan, the guy I saved”
 “Why?” the fish asks curiously
 “Because I think I love him”

Mei slowly swims in to the underwater cave and looks around. She has never been here and she is very afraid.
 “Well look who it is. Isn’t it the king’s daughter” she hears a voice behind her say. The mermaid quickly turns around and faces the octopus.
 “U-Ursaula” Mei stutters
 “Yes?”
 “I-I want you to make me human” she says. Ursaula starts laughing and swims around her.
 “Aha, so the little mermaid wants to be human now? What’s your reasons?”
 “My reasons are personal” Mei says coldly. The octopus swims towards her and plays a bit with her long red hair.
 “Oh sweetheart, I need to know your reasons or I can’t make you the potion” she smirks
 “I’m in love with the prince” Mei sighs
 “Oh I see, I’ve seen him. Very handsome indeed. What’s his name? Hm…”
 “Luhan” the mermaid helps her.
 “Oh yeah Luhan! So you’re in love with prince Luhan. You want to be human so you can live happy together, is that it?”
 “Yes… that’s true”
 “Well if that’s it, then I can help you.  But just being human, making him fall in love with you is all up to yourself. Do you understand?” Ursaula says and Mei nods. “But there is one hatch” Ursaula continues.
 “And what’s that?”
 “You will only have 5 days, if the prince will kiss you because of love before the fifth sunset you will become human forever. However; if the prince marries someone else you will either have to kill him or… you will turn to foam”
 “D-Does that mean that I will die?” Mei asks slightly scared.
 “Yes you’re right” Ursaula nods “Oh and there’s one more thing”
 “What is that?”
 “I will have to take your voice” she says
 “What?!” Mei says shocked
 “Everything has a price, sweetheart. But if you succeed, you will have your voice back” she says and Mei nods. “Are you ready to sign the contract?” she asks and Mei slowly nods.

Suddenly in front of the mermaid there is a golden contract and a feather to sign the contract with.
Before signing the contract, Mei thinks through everything if it is really worth it. But everytime she thinks of everything bad that can happen, Luhan’s beautiful face comes in to the picture.
I have to do this. I’m going to miss everyone but my heart already belongs to Luhan. Mei thinks and signs the golden contract.