Part One

She swims through the beautiful blue water and passes by the small blue and yellow fishes. She's in a hurry and she's late. Late for what you probably wonder. She wants to see the sunset. She wants to see when the sun disappears in the horizon.

Mei starts to swim faster and decides to take a short cut. She passes some sharp rocks and cuts her arm slightly. She ignores it and keeps swimming. This time at the evening nothing is more important to her than to see the sunset. To see the last sunray before it gets dark, because who knows if the sun will ever come again?

Mei arrives just in time for the sunset. She swims up to the surface and sits down on a big rock as she reaches her hand towards the sun. She looks at it as it slowly disappears in the horizon, when it's gone she sighs as she swims back to the palace; slowly. Her father; the king of the seas is very protective over Mei so she is never allowed to go outside the palace except when she want to see the sunset. Mei always takes advantage of this and takes the long ways back home so she could see more of the sea.

She has an older sister called Jia. Jia is 19 years old while Mei is 17. When Mei turns 18 her father will let her go out from the castle whenever she wants and do whatever she wants. But for now she has to follow the strict rules her father set up for her. One of the most important rules that her father always tells her is to NEVER talk to a human or not even let them see her. Everything that has something with the humans is not allowed. He says that they are dangerous and wants to kill them.

Everything just because of that accident that happened 16 years ago. A ship crashed and her mother went to check what happened. She died; the anchor hit her and her head landed on a stone.

Mei's father thought that the humans did that on purpose and because of that he forbid everything that had something to do with the humans.

"Mei!" her father shouts when she arrives at the palace.

"Hello father" she smiles

"Where have you been?!" he says and glare at her

"I was watching the sunset" she says innocent

"The sun disappeared an hour ago!" he shouts and she backs away slightly

"I'm sorry..." she mumbles and looks down.

"Just don't make me worry again" he sighs as he swims away.

"Yes father" she mumbles

As Luhan walks in to the castle many girl looks at him, but he ignores every single one of them. Even the girls who are very pretty, he ignores.

"Luhan, why haven't you chosen a girl to marry yet? You will get old soon!" he's mother complains as he walks in. "There are a lot of girls outside the castle waiting for you to ask them to marry you"

"First; I'm just 19, I won't get old in a while. And second; I don't like any of the girls outside. Yes many of them are pretty but no one of them is like the girl I want" Luhan answers his mum.

"Then how do you want a girl to be?" his father asks

"I don't know... when I see her, I know" he mumbles

"What if you never find her?" his mum asks

"I know I will find her, I just know"

He walks up to his room and sits on the window bench as he looks at the town. He sighs and turns his gaze at the ocean. The sun is shining bright and it mirrors in the clear blue sea.

Where are you? Luhan thinks as he sighs. He knows that he would have to marry someone soon. But he wanted to marry someone that he loved and someone that had done something special to him.

"Sir?" he hears someone say with a gentle voice. Luhan turns around and smiled at the servant named Yixing.

"Yes?" Luhan asks

"You should eat your dinner now before it gets to cold" Yixing says as he smiles gently.

"I'll be right there" he replies and the servant went out from Luhan's room.

I'll find you. One day I will find you.

Days passed by and both Mei and Luhan lived like they always have been, except that this day was a little different.

Mei is slowly swimming towards the place that she always swims to so she can see the sunset.

"Mei, you should not swim there today. You know that the humans are on their boats right now and it's not a very good weather. Something dangerous can happen to you, and you know that" the little fish named Blunder said.

"I know, I know. But I want to see the sunset. I have to!" Mei answers eagerly

"It's not like you see it every evening" the little fish mumble.

Mei ignores Blunder's comment and keeps swimming to the surface. She sits down on the rock and wait. Maybe I was a bit early this time. Mei thinks.

Suddenly a ship shows up in the horizon, it's huge and it's coming towards her.

"We should go now Mei, before it comes any closer" Blunder says and starts to slowly swim away but the mermaid just sits there. "Mei, now" he says but she keeps on ignoring him.

The ship turned around so Mei was now facing the side of the boat. "Mei we need to go now before they notice you!" Blunder said, but something else had caught Mei's attention.

They stared at each other for what felt like forever. Mei had never seen someone as handsome as him and Luhan had never seen someone as beautiful as her.

This is the girl. Luhan thought. But at the same moment, a noise came from the sky. It was the thunder. The lightning hit the ship and Luhan fell of it.

"No!" he heard the beautiful girl shout before he fell in to the water. He was bleeding for being too close to the lightning, and because of that he fainted.

Mei quickly dived in to the water and swam as fast as her mermaid tail could handle. She quickly grabs him and takes him up to the surface again. The mermaid swims to the beach that isn't far away and place him there. His light brown hair is messed up and he is bleeding on his arm.

"Wake up..." she whispers but he doesn't react. "Wake up!" she shouts but there is still no reaction from the prince. "You can't die..." she mumbles as she starts to cry.

Mei hears a couple of girls talking not too far away. She looks at the prince and leaves a part of her scale in his jacket pocket. "You're going to survive... you're going to wake up and hopefully remember me. We will meet again... I promise" Mei whispers. She then swims back in to the ocean and sees the girls coming closer to him.

"It's the prince!" one of them shouts.

"Luhan, are you alright?!" the other one shouts. She had black hair and Mei could see that she was very beautiful even from far away.

There are four other girls who runs away to get some help. Before anyone sees her, Mei returns to the palace under the water. She looks back one more time but then swims away.

We will meet again, prince Luhan. Hopefully...