#38: Beside You - 5SOS (His POV)

Start from the beginning

Calum: "She sleeps alone, my heart wants to come home. I wish I was, I wish I was beside you"

She smiles at me sadly, looking at me with those gorgeous eyes that would make me melt everytime. She bites her lip as she looks down, and breathes out a sharp exhale. We were currently having one of our first Skype call since I left for the UK, and it's clear that she already misses me. It's only been three days since I left, but you know how you get whenever you miss someone you love? Three days is already long enough, and I feel the exact same way. I don't know how people survive without being with each other for a long time, it's like hell and as much as I want to come back to her, I couldn't right now. "How have you been?" I asked, as I began to play with my thumbs. I heard her melodious laughter coming from the laptop and my eyes met her beautiful ones. "Cal, how lame can you get? It's only been three days, of course I'm fine," she tucks a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. "I-I know, but I meant how have you been coping without.. me?" I bit my bottom lip and I watched as she sighed, looking down once more. "I-I mean, I've been good. I'm trying my best not to miss you, but that's impossible," she glances to the side sadly. "It sucks not having you beside me at night, it feels so cold and I miss your warmth." I really wanted to come home as soon as possible, it sucked not having her beside me as well. I had Ashton, but it just wasn't the same as having the person you love right beside you. My heart desperately wanted to come home, I needed to feel her right now. I needed her. "I feel the exact same way," I say with a small smile. "It's only gonna be for two more weeks," I added. She closed her eyes and smiled slightly, "It's only been three days and I'm already missing you, how can I survive two more weeks?" I watched as a tear rolled down her beautiful face, and I reached out, wanting to wipe the tear away, but then I remembered that I wasn't there, I was here in London. "Please don't cry, I-I can't wipe away your tears because I'm not.. I'm not.." I tried to say, but she immediately wipes the tears away. "I'm sorry, I just missed you so much. I'll try-I'll try to stay strong until you come back," she says, as she forces a smile on her face. "I love you, I can't wait to come home." She nods, and says those words right back. "I wish I was, I wish I was beside you," I sang to her as heer lips curled into a genuine smile. "I wish I was, I wish I was..." she sings it back, and we ended up laughing. I needed this girl so bad, I can't wait till I come back home, I needed to be beside her.

Luke: "Another day, and I’m somewhere new. I made a promise that I’ll come home soon, bring me back, bring me back to you"

"Ireland?" She asked, and I heard her voice break. We were going to Ireland today, and it was a last-minute decision, I had just told her that I was going to be gone for another three days, and she isn't taking it very well. "Baby, please don't cry, I may not like it either, but I have to," I tell her with a frown. I was giving her a call on my phone, I wanted to Skype, but we couldn't right now, I was in Manchester Airport, getting ready to get on our flight to Ireland. I watched as Ashton and Calum fool around, with Calum hopping on Ashton's back, and Ashton trying to run away, pushing Calum so he'd get off him. Michael was on his phone, as usual, with a burger in his free hand. I shook my head and concentrated on her voice in my ear. "I understand," she says, and I heard her sniff on the other line. I was supposed to come back home tomorrow, and she's really been looking forward to that day for a long, long time. She couldn't stop talking about that day, and she was expecting me to come home tomorrow. I didn't mean to get her hopes up, I really was prepared to come back home, but something came up. "Shh, don't cry, I promised I'd be home soon, didn't I?" I told her, as I began to walk, catching up to the boys in a short amount of time. "I want to see your face now, Luke. I want to feel you in my arms. I want to kiss your lips and feel you being one with me. I want to look into your blue, blue eys and drown in them. I want you here now, I want you back here, with me where you belong," she whispers and she began to sob. "I need you back here." she says, and I could hear her crying in the background. I wanted to just drop everything and hop on the next plane back to her, because if there was something I couldn't do, it was to just stand by and let her cry alone. I couldn't - I needed to stay by her side and hold her in my arms, rocking us back and forth to comfort her. I needed to get back home to her now, I needed to get back to her. "Please don't cry, I feel like shit right now because I-I can't hold you," I whispered, swallowing the lump forming in her throat. I heard she sniffle and she replies, "I'm sorry, I'm just being a little shit again, I'm so sorry for getting so emotional," she forced out a laugh. She was silent for a few minutes, and I could tell she was beginning to calm down. "I can wait for three more days," she continues. "Thank you, I'll be counting the down the moments until I see you again beautiful," I smiled, as happiness began to bubble up in my chest again. She giggles, "I love you, Luke." "I love you more beautiful, I have to go now, I'm gonna board the plane. I'll call you later," I say and heard her beautiful laughter on the other line again, "Okay, I love you so much more, have a safe trip." She hung up and I pressed the phone to my chest, and smiled until my cheeks hurt. I love that girl so fucking much.