Chapter Eight

He dragged himself across the living room.
"Where the fuck do you think you're going?"
He whimpered, scrabbling to get to the door.
"Oh nope." He felt a firm grip on his hair rip him back to the middle of the room. "You're stayin' right here, baby."
"P-please..."
Austin smiled down at him, locking the door before leaning down next to him. The blond felt the cold metal press against his cheek and slide down. He flinched, expecting pain that never really came. He opened his eyes only to have Austin press the knife against his face again, harder this time, and drag it down roughly. Maxx could feel how deep the cut was and the blood flowing from it. Once again, he felt the now bloody object roughly slice his cheek open.
"There we go." Austin smiled, running his hand through Maxx's hair. "Go clean yourself up now, babe." He patted his thigh. "I'm takin' you somewhere tonight, and I want it to look like I'm dating someone who's actually attractive." He kissed his bloodied cheek before waltzing off to clean his knife.
Shakily, Maxx stood up, making his way to the bathroom. He glanced at the mirror and froze, tears spilling from his eyes. He brought a hand up to the gaping wounds on his face, barely flinching at the pain. A loud pounding on the door startled him out of his shock.
"Hurry up! I don't want to be late!"
"O-okay. S-sorry..."
Maxx ran the faucet in the sink, dabbing the blood off of his face gently. Once the wounds stopped bleeding long enough, he put some Neosporin on them and covered them with makeup. (Which, mind you, took fucking forever.)
Finally, he limped out of the bathroom, looking good as new. Austin smiled, grabbing Maxx's face.
"Damn. At least there's one thing you're good at." He held out a pile of folded clothes. "Put these on, and meet me downstairs."
Maxx nodded, smiling at the best compliment he'd received from the older man throughout the years they'd been together.
He put the outfit on, which just turned out to be really short shorts and a tank top, and anxiously padded down the stairs.
"Austin?"
"Kitchen!" Maxx scampered towards the voice like his life depending on it. Well, it kinda did, but whatever.
Austin wore black skinny jeans with a white tee shirt. He smirked once he saw Maxx, and walked over to him, one of his arms lacing around him to grab his ass.
"Should make you wear this everyday. Jesus."
He led the younger outside to the car, and they sped off.
When they arrived, Maxx looked at the building with slight distaste.
"A club?"
"Why else would I make you wear shorts like that?" Austin laughed. "Come on." He got out of the car, waiting for Maxx who begrudgingly joined him. An arm tight around his waist, Maxx hugged himself as they got closer and closer to the door.
Once they made it inside, Austin headed straight for the bar, the blond in his grip.
Thirty minutes later Maxx had a heavily drunken man in his arms. Not only that, but some pervert kept grabbing his ass and running. He didn't say anything though because he didn't want to make a scene, or worse, have Austin make one. The brunette bit the younger man's neck causing a gasp to escape Maxx's throat. He grabbed a fistful of the other's hair, pushing his face further into his neck. The pervert from before once again ran by, grabbing Maxx's ass who squeaked. Austin, noticing his distress, caught the creep by his collar and dragged him back to them, smashing his fist against his nose and then his jaw.
"Austin, stop!" Maxx attempted to pull him off of the man, failing miserably.
Eventually, security came and dragged the two men out of the building, Maxx following behind them.
"We're gonna take him to the station for now. You can pick him up in the morning."
"Um, o-okay..." Maxx hugged himself anxiously.
"Do you need a ride home?"
"Uh, yeah... If it's not too much trouble?"
"Not at all."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cody sat beside Maxx's bed once more, cleaner this time and with less bags under his eyes. He ran his hand through the younger male's hair, petting him soothingly. It'd been a month and a half since he was first put in this bed, and he still showed no signs of recovery. Cody rarely left the man's side until he was forced to, afraid he'd miss the moment Maxx woke up.
He rested his head on the pillow, mere inches away from the man he loved.
"Please, wake up, Maxx... Please. I-I want to be able to finally tell you how I actually feel. Wake up, sweetheart, please?"
He lied there, staring at him, begging him to so much as twitch, but after ten minutes, a little bit more of his hope faded away.