Unknown Punishment

Emily's POV

"I promise I'll explain everything once this is all over, I just really need you to trust me right now." I pleaded to Will who only smiled back.

"Of course, I trust you." Will smiled softly.

Now he won't even look at me...

His expression was stiff as he stared at the ground lost in thought. I knew he was angry and confused. I knew he didn't trust me anymore. I had to find a way I could explain the truth, but how could I when we were about to face this punishment. All of the boys were miserable, standing quietly as we waited.

I felt so alone.

I stood at the back of the group of boys but most of them have kept their distance from me. I guess they were still on edge that I had killed Connor. They probably weren't expecting it, but then again, neither was I. Even though it had been a couple of days I still remember what happened no matter how hard I tried to forget.

My entire body stood stiff. My feet felt so heavy while my stomach twisted in an uncomfortable knot. There was no point in lying to myself anymore, I was scared. I wasn't the only one, all the boys were. Even Felix seemed worried. We were walking in blind. This punishment was going to be beyond anything I could imagine.

That was the other thing.

This is Neverland. Pan won't stop until he ensures that he remains in control. Punishment then comes as a consequence once that control is lost. He will do anything and everything to make sure we follow him as our leader and if that means playing his game then that's what we will have to do. However, this was no longer a game. Yes, Pan makes the rules and can manipulate us to do as he wants, but this time it was different. This time Pan wasn't doing this out of his own enjoyment. He wanted to teach us a lesson. It's up to all of us to survive on our own and face this unknown punishment whether we were ready for it or not.

I was beyond scared and I knew that the other boys were too. I had to balance this fear if I wanted to survive. Too much fear will cause a breakdown; not enough and my subconscious will tell me to give up. It seemed impossible when I have no idea what I'll be up against.

Will's POV

We stood in a painful silence waiting as the suspense built up but soon enough, Pan's voice echoed through the training area.

"I hope that you all pay close attention because this will be the only information you will be given."

I looked up at the huge oak tree as Pan stood on one of the wooden platforms.

"This is not only a punishment, but it is also a test."

Pan's tone caught me off guard. There was no smirk that followed no mischievous look in his eyes; he was completely serious. I don't think I have ever seen him act this way.

"You will be tested on your ability to not only survive against what's out there," Pan paused and pointed to the walls of jungle trees. "But also against each other."

It was dead silent. Nobody spoke a word, we only listened.

"I should warn you. This is no longer a game." Pan's jaw clenched. "If something happens to you, you're on your own."

The fact that Pan just admitted that this wasn't a game made my stomach sink to my feet.

"Each one of you will face against your darkest fears."

Gasps were heard from several boys. I was in too much shock to react, I only listened to the information Pan was giving us because once we start we won't see him until it's all over.