A Day Off

Emily's POV

My eyes trailed down my long white, sleeveless dress that reached just before my knees. The shining sequins ran down the material sparkling in the sun. It was beautiful. I noticed the familiar skinny, dark trees as I walked through the forest. I remember the surroundings so well, like a reoccurring memory, although it wasn't at Campus but the other side of the island instead. My pace picked up as something shining in the distance caught my eye. I began running to the mysterious object but stopped when I noticed it was a large circular mirror resting against a tree, the silver frame beaming against the dark forest as the sun reflected off of it.

I cautiously walked over to the mirror, but jumped back in shock as I stared at my reflection. My heart beat instantly increased as I stared at myself in disbelief. My clothes were ripped while scratches marked all over my skin; I had purple glowing eyes and black veins running through my body. I looked like a monster.

"Emily."

I flinched, quickly turning around to the voice behind me to face Pan and his piercing green eyes that held a concentrated stare as he slowly approached me. I turned back to the mirror in confusion to see Pan and I; except my reflection had changed back to the white dress and my eyes returned back to their natural hazel. I watched as Pan's expression changed as he also noticed white dress that I was wearing. He grinned and raised a brow; his green eyes now keeping their gaze on me through the mirrors reflection. Feeling a sudden warmth rise to my face I looked down at my feet to avoid his intense stare. I had this feeling turning my thoughts; that I should hate him for all that he has done to me...but something deep down was trying to convince me of something different. An unknown feeling, something I didn't want to feel.

"Emily, look at me." Pan spoke, his stern tone catching me off guard.

I refused, keeping my eyes planted on the ground with determination to not look into the mirror to face him; that was until I felt his presences behind me as his calm breaths were felt against my neck causing a cold shiver to run along my skin. I shut my eyes tightly and lifted my head only slightly before opening my eyes. When I stared back into mirror I could see the green flecks in Pan's eyes shining brightly. My breath hitched as I watched him move my hair behind my ear.

"Emily, do you believe?" Pan asked, as he let my hair trail through his hand before letting it rest over my shoulder.

I was frozen still, not sure how to react as I tried to find the words to answer his question.

"Believe in w-what?" I asked quietly.

This only seemed to make Pan more frustrated as his jaw clenched, his green eyes slowly becoming darker.

"Do you believe, in me?" Pan clarified.

I tried to understand what he was asking but it made it hard knowing that he was standing so close to me. I heard him impatiently sigh against my neck to which he leaned in letting his lips slightly touch the skin of my neck. My eyes widened as I watched a smirk soon curl through his lips, his eyes now a dark shade of green. I was so focused on how different he was acting that I hadn't even noticed his lips beginning to slowly trail down my neck almost reaching my collarbone. At that point as if a heavy fog had cleared from my head, I suddenly moved away from Pan and the mirror. He stood still, his smirk still present as he let out a light chuckle as he bit before parting his lips. It was only when he turned to face me that I saw his face change to a look of anger.

"You didn't answer my question." Pan said as his eyes narrowed, "And I hate to be kept waiting."

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I slowly backed away from Pan, my lips sealed in fear, which only seemed to make his anger grow.