"You know, people tend to think one is up to no good when they're spying around corners." Aoife stuck her head out and looked to the side. "Who or what are you spying on?"

"What are you doing down here?"

"It's my ship. I am the Captain, I do have free rein of it and I can go wherever, whenever."

Aoife frowned. "You've got me there." She admitted. "I'm bored."

"I do know a few things which can relieve boredom."

Aoife slapped a hand to her forehead. "Seriously? Seriously?" She peered down at him, Hook just continued to lean against the wall. He hit his head lightly against the wood behind him before his eyes slid down to look at her with a sidewards glance. He had come down another set of stairs at the other end of the ship and crept along. Everyone knew where she opted to sleep, it wasn't hard to figure out where she was.

"May I inquire something?"

"Oh, this sounds serious. Are you feeling all right?" Aoife's eyes widened, seriousness and Hook in her eyes was never a good thing.

"I may have overheard you talking with Baelfire the other day." He said, Aoife frowned at the thought of being eavesdropped on. "If you found a way out of here, would you take it?"

Leaning against the post, Aoife looked thoughtful, she even hummed a few times as if that'd help her thought process. Hook just stood still leaning against the wall waiting for an answer. He crossed his arms impatiently though after a few minutes, frowning up at her, he tapped his foot on the floor. More minutes had passed and Aoife continued to hum.

"Oh, come on! It's really not an impossible question to answer, is it? You clearly despise this place, why are you taking so long to answer?"

"Why do you even want to know my answer?"

"Really? You're going to answer my question with a question of your own?"

"Yes." She answered honestly.

Hook sighed heavily. "I don't plan on staying much longer." He admitted, diverting his gaze away from Aoife, mainly because she suddenly looked saddened by this admittance. Tilting her head to the side she didn't openly admit that this may have been the first time he was ever hesitant about anything. It was clear that he was musing over his next sentence. Eventually he looked at her, "Would you stay?"

Aoife pointed a finger down at him. "Are you asking me to stay on board, and escape Neverland, and continue to stay on board?"

"Well when put bluntly like that, yes." Hook said indifferently, why did she have to make it sound like such or ordeal?

Aoife let out a thoughtful noise. "And when we get out of Neverland, and back to whatever world you come from, you'd continue to want me to stay, and travel with you all?"

Hook frowned, "Do you have to say everything so plainly? You make this whole thing sound highly mundane." He paused. "Being asked to become a member of my crew is an important thing, Aoife. Please take it seriously."

"Huh," Aoife mused. "Huh, huh, huh..."

"Don't say huh again."

"Huh."

Hook looked at her deadpanned. "You're really ruining this whole moment."

"What?" Aoife grinned and laughed. "You thought you'd ask your question, I'd gleefully answer – and I'm guessing the answer you're looking for is yes – and what...not question you, or voice anything?" She asked while still laughing lightly. "Oh Killian, you do not know me at all!"

"I've noticed how much you like to pick holes actually. I'm not totally oblivious. And yes, I did think for once you wouldn't be awkward and you'd actually answer flat out." He answered shortly, he muttered something and turned on his heels.

Aoife winced as he walked heavily away, it was like he was purposely stomping the wood. Rolling her eyes, she climbed back down and used her stealth to follow after him. Her footsteps were near on silent on the groaning wood of the ship. She gathered she may have irritated or even wounded his ego slightly. "I'd stay." Her voice caused him to jump, he hadn't realised she was following him. Turning on the stairs he looked down at her. Aoife stood normally again, she was walking on her tiptoes for silence. "I like your ship. It's really the only place I've felt at peace and at home." She paused. "I'd like to see where you called home. I'd also love to see other worlds, that's so intriguing." She smiled, she couldn't lie. The prospect of that all was frightening, yet so exciting at the same time.

"In that case," Hook stepped back down and stuck his hand out. Aoife remembered the concept of a handshake and stuck her hand in his. "Welcome aboard, Aoife."

Grinning she let out a happy noise before jumping forwards. "Thank you!" She had wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. Hook accepted the attention and didn't really waste much time embracing her back.

——

(Edited: 21/August/2020)