Chapter 12 "Fun during the summer"

Terry went back to the Reagan's on the Sunday, the night before the summer internship was supposed to start. He made sure little Marty had everything he needed, in the hospital before he left.

- Are you sure you have everything you need?

- Yes big brother, said Marty, thank you again for caring about me...

- You're very welcome, said Terry smiling, take it easy for a while, ok?

- Ok. Bye Terry

- Bye Marty...

Terry left to go back at the Reagan's. Life wasn't fair and he regretted agreeing to be taken in by the Reagans. But he was going to persevere and make things work. He got a call from Tammy who was in Chicago working for the summer.

- Terry?

- Tammy!!

- How are you?

- Not too bad. I just got back in the house of hell

- Oh... where were you?

- I was at the Pony Home, they had a little medical emergency when I was there...

- Really? What happen?

Terry told her about little Marty. Tam was moved by his generosity.

- You've always had a heart of gold, she said , giving up your car...

- It didn't seem that important anymore and the doctor said they found his appendix about to burst, a moments later, it would've been too late

- Thank you Terry for your generosity, you save Marty's life

- He almost die because of medical insurance...that's so not fair! We were all brought on this life and we should all get the treatment we deserve to get well. I've been thinking a lot Tam...

- About what?

- I think I want to be a doctor and I'm going to make it my cause to treat the needy without medical insurance...

- Wow! I'm glad that experience showed you what you wanted to do with your life... you always liked to help out at the Pony Home and you did know how to clean wounds when you were little...

- I just want to make sure that some people get the medical care they need. But I'm just a teen; I've got a long way to go...

- With your determination? I'm sure you can make it Terry.

- I hope so...

- You will, I trust you completely little brother...I have to go honey. Sweet dreams... are you still with Nina?

- Yes...

- Wow, she lasted for a long time.... What happened to the Casanova?

- The Casanova was tasting his candies...

- She's the flavour of the month?

- The flavour of the moment... if you want...

- Did you go all the way?

- I wasn't pressuring her...

- You never pressure girls, they usually beg for your attention...

- Except you...

- I'm your big sister! How many times I have to repeat that?

- I love you too Tammy! Said Terry laughing

- I love you Terry, she said, good night.

- Good night honey.

Terry called Nina and Antonia called him. He went to bed thinking about what he just talked about with Tammy. He wanted to be a doctor... he had just made his decision during that conversation; he was going to become a doctor and help the needy...