Chapter 22"The Mass interruption"

Terry was in his cabin, on his bed, thinking about that girl he had met the other night:

"That's Candice Grandchester, daughter of the Duke of Grandchester...She once dated Andrea Casiraghi of Monaco, to name only him...that was Ernest-August of Hanover VI with her... She's got royal blood..."

That's all Terry could hear in his head. Georgina's words were playing inside his head like a broken record. Things would have been much easier if he could stop thinking about that spoiled little brat... He just couldn't get her out of his head. And he felt bad, because Antonia hasn't been gone for that long!

"I'm so sorry baby, for betraying you. You're the only girl I love... but I can't stop thinking about that girl I met last night, whom I thought was you for a moment and now I wonder why, because aside from the hair colour, you two look nothing like each other. You were nice and kind, she's loud and obnoxious, rude...and she has a dirty little mind. She saw me with Georgina and she assumed I was her lover!!! Why couldn't she think she was my mother? Why do I even care! I'm no prince...! Usually I'm sensible about things like that... but what is happening to me? I can't think!!! This girl is driving me crazy!!!!"

It was January 1st, a New Year, a new country, a new home, a new school was waiting for him in England. The change of scenery, was working fine, it started on the boat... with his meeting with Candice Grandchester... That girl was not his type. He liked the quiet girls, the nice and soft ones, but he did go out with Brittany, but that was for his grief. If anything, it showed him how a girl, who seemed tough and mean at first, became a good girl, while he was going out with her. Candice Grandchester dated princes... She was unavailable.

"Why on earth am I thinking about that? I'm never going to see her again!" he thought

For the last days of the cruise, he was looking at her from afar. He would stare at her and turned his head when she would turn in his direction. She was so beautiful, so sophisticated. He would hear her laugh and his heart would burst, making him feel all funny. He would be with Georgina, talking and laughing and he would feel her eyes on him. He was glad she was checking him out. Something was happening...

oOoOoOoOoOo

Candice Grandchester spent the rest of the evening dancing with her date the night before, but her thought was with the sapphire eyes boy. Those eyes, they were so beautiful, he was so handsome and charming and dating an older woman! Who was he? What was he? A playboy for hire? How could he do something like that?

"Why do I care? I'm not going to see him again! After I go to the stupid prison of boarding school..." She thought

But every time she saw him with Georgina, her heart would jump and she was feeling jealous! That was so odd and weird. She had seen that boy for 5 seconds and now she's jealous about his older girlfriend?

"I'm probably too young for him, anyway!" She thought

Her prince was trying to distract her and she had trouble concentrating and following his conversation. All that because of a boy with sapphire eyes she met the night before who made fun of her nose and her freckles! What the hell was happening to her? She was usually in charge with guys. She would dumped them without a second though. Some would be begging her to give them a second chance...and she didn't care. She never loved them, she was just having fun and taking advantage of her young and beautiful years. She thought about her father, who was going to be glad she went to America, with Ernest without telling him. Her stepmum is not going to miss the opportunity to insult her again. It was the house from hell and it was hers. Her trip was an attempt to find another solution, but it fell through... She was a good actress, because aside the moment of weakness, that boy caught her crying, she was a playing the tough girl. Ernest was sweet, she didn't want to rely on him. He had his problems. She had no one to turn to, only herself. All the boys she goes out with, none of them is capable of making her feel complete. She was looking for something in life, and she still hasn't found it yet.