Chapter 16"Happy Camper"

The last week of Nina's life in America, was spent with Terry. They spent the whole day together; from dusk till dawn, practically. Nina quit her job, so she was available. Terry went shopping with her and he bought her some souvenirs, some nice jewellery.

- You don't have to do that, Terry.

- Yes, I do... I don't want you to forget about me...

- I will never forget you, Terry... you can take that to the bank...

- I will never forget you either Nina...

- I can continue writing to you; e-mail...we could remain friends.

- It sounds so weird when you say that...

- It's going to prevent us from having to break up over the internet or the phone...

- You're a great girl Nina... I don't want to lose you...

- Very understanding...yes, I know. Befriending Antonia, was less hard than I thought...She's a good girl... Ok enough about others... I want to take advantage of every single second I spend with you...Let's go to the movies...

- What movie do you want to see?

- I don't care, because I'm not going to watch the movie...she said with a sensual voice.

Terry burst out laughing. They went to the movies. They went to Chicago for the day. The Great Aunt even invited Nina for dinner. Terry was surprised.

- Why would you want Nina to have dinner with us? Asked Terry.

- She's your girlfriend, you're a member of this family, we want to know who you're dating...

- She's leaving town, I won't be dating her anymore...

- Well the more reason to have her over, she said.

Terry looked at the Great Aunt and he felt weird. But he didn't want to think about it. He wanted to spend his time with Nina. So she came for dinner and they had a great time. Ashley was still sulking. Antonia was going to be with Terry now...She wanted to be with Terry, why does it have to be Antonia? It wasn't fair...

Allyson was with her sister in her room talking.

- Sis, you have to get over yourself...

- Ally, I can't help it... I love him so much... I want to be with him.

- Antonia loves him...

- Why is everybody wearing gloves when it comes to her?

- She's our cousin, she's family. Just be happy for her.

- Yeah, and they got Nina's blessing! They make me want to puke!

- Ash!

- I'm going to call Jones, he understands me...

- You confide in Jones? Ashley, you know he likes you.

- I just want to remind him that I'm in love with someone else, that way he won't have any hopes...

- You worry about his feelings; you worry too much about them... And telling him you're lusting after his brother and best friend; Ashley!

- What?

- Stop doing that. He likes you, that's why he's putting up with you... but don't push it...That's not nice...He might have enough one day.

- He's in love with me...

- Well they say; "Love the one who loves you, not the one you love"

- Sis, you're not helping...

- Ashley you have a guy who's crazy about you...you might lose him when you need him the most...

- Jones is a friend... why would I have to be careful, he agreed to be my friend... he knows I love Terry...He could tell me not to talk about him anymore...

- He's your friend, since you're not returning his feelings...but he might have enough some day.

Ashley wasn't listening, she went to call Jones and complain about Antonia and Terry 's future relationship.

The day Nina left, Terry went with her to the airport, with her parents. Ashley drove him, since Nina had sold her car and her sister and cousin, tagged along. Jones came to say goodbye to Nina too. The goodbyes were heartbreaking. Nina was crying her eyes out.

- Oh Terry, she said, it's taking me everything not to run away now...

- You can do it, baby. Have a good life. Write me...

- I don't want to leave you...I love you Terry.

- I know, he said. You can do this...

They kissed for a while. Her parents were there with their family member saying goodbye. Nina hugged Antonia.

- Take good care of him, she whispered, he's the best boyfriend in the world.

- Nina... I will. Don't worry.

- I know that you don't need my permission to do anything... but since you promised me not to go after him, I thought I could tell you that you were freed from your promise.

- Nina, thank you. I'll write you and chat with you, if we can find a minute...

- I'll be looking forward to that. I want to know how my baby...your baby is treating you...Goodbye Antonia.

- Goodbye Nina.

- Ashley, Allyson...Jones, I'm going to miss you all. Terry, she said her voice breaking.

They hugged again, they kissed, again and again. Nina finally left, she was the last passenger boarding the plane and she had to force herself to go. She was going to a brand new life...

Terry and the others waited until the plane was gone to leave the airport. Terry was riding with Allyson and Antonia. Ashley was riding with Jones.
They went back to the mansion and Terry went straight to his room. He never thought that Nina's departure was going to affect him that much. He was sad for almost a week.

Antonia was getting impatient. She wanted to give him some space, but at the same time, she wanted to start her relationship with him. The words of the gypsy woman were coming back to haunt her and she felt like she was living on borrowed time...She went to see Terry in his room.

- Terry...

- Antonia, come in...

- How are you?

- I just got an email from Nina, she's adapting...she seems happy.

- That's good, she said, you should stop feeling sad...

- I'm not sad...I'm fine...

- Oh... then why...?

- Why what?

Antonia was looking at him. They looked at each other.

"Live everyday like it was your last..."She heard in her head

- Well, maybe I'm being arrogant here, she said, but since Nina is gone... I've been waiting for you to make a move...

- Oh...I just wanted to give you some time...

- I've been waiting for this for months Terry, I don't need time...I don't have time...

- What does that mean? Oh... don't tell me you're still thinking about the words of that gypsy woman...

- How could I not...? She insinuated I was going to die soon... why else would she tell me to live my days like it was my last...?

- Uh uh...so you want me because you think you're dying?

- Yes, no! You know I wanted you since the first time I saw you in church. Something made my heart jump...and I was sad to hear that you already had a girlfriend... well what did I expect, you're a good looking boy...you couldn't possibly be free...

- Well I'm free now, said Terry, if this had been our first meeting, I would've been free...

- And I would've been the happiest girl in the world.

- You're not right now? I am free...I repeat.

- I would be happier if you could...

- Let me, Antonia... would you like to go out with me?

- Finally! She said laughing and jumping to his neck.

They laughed together for a few seconds and they looked for each other's lips...The kiss was soft at first and more and more passionate. Antonia was living something that turned out to be every more powerful than her dreams. Her whole body was had a tingling feeling going through it, it was so good. She didn't want to let go of him. Terry could feel that Antonia wanted him for a long time, he wanted her too and he was happy he was finally able to explore those feelings, which have been haunting him since their first meeting. When they finally stopped...

- So I supposed that would be a yes?

- What do you think? You seem like an intelligent boy...

They burst out laughing and they kissed again, and again. Antonia was so happy. All her dreams had come true, almost, but she decided to live everyday like it was her last, even if the gypsy's omen doesn't come true, life was worth living to the fullest. Terry was happy to be with her. She was the sweetest girl in the world.

- You've made me very happy Terry, come with me, I've got a surprise for you.

- A surprise?

- Yes, come on let's go...

She took him by the hand and they went down the stairs, to the back door of the mansion right into the garden. She took him to her flower kingdom, her greenhouse.

- You know I love botanic. During the internship, I learned how to create plants and flowers... I've been working on one for a while and it's finally ready.

She walked to a small table here there was a pot with a little bushes of roses, white roses, but they were smaller...

- I created this little rose, and I decided to dedicated to you...

- To me? He asked surprised.

- Yes to the sweetest, kindest, most gentle boy I've ever met...so I called the rose "Gentle Terry".

- "Gently Terry"?

- Yes...do you like it?

- You named your rose after me?

- I couldn't name it after my mother; her name was Rosemary... so... I thought about you creating it, you inspired me, Terry.

- Thank you Antonia, he said smiling, it's really beautiful...

The little white roses where shining; the sun was coming through the glass and shining on them. He felt so honoured, Antonia was so nice and generous. He took her and kissed her.

Ashley was passing by and she saw them. She felt like someone pierced her heart. She went to cry in her room. She had live with it. Despite everything she was saying, she loved Antonia and she wanted her to be happy, even if it's with Terry, the boy she loved with all her heart... She called her confident.

- Jones? She said with tears in her voice.

- Ashley, said Jones, what's wrong?

- He's with her, officially now, I saw them kissing.

- Oh... I'm sorry you're hurt...

- You understand me right...?

- Yes, of course, you've got a crush on Terry... but he's with your cousin now... why didn't you try to get him?

- What?

- Well you wanted him so much, why didn't you gave it a shot?

- Because he likes Antonia...

- He liked Antonia, when he was with Nina, he didn't dump her...

- Nina was there first, it's not the same...

- I say it is...

- I couldn't do it... I thought about it, but I couldn't do it...

- Why?

There was a little silence.

- Ashley... are you still there? Asked Jones.

- Yes... I'm thinking.

- Do you have an answer to that question?

- Yes, because I didn't want to hurt Antonia... Oh my God!

- You see? Consciously or unconsciously, you thought about your cousin first...

- Yes...I love Antonia, I want her to be happy.

- You're a good person Ashley, you're only human...

- Thank you so much Jones, I feel so much better...

- Anytime, said Jones who was now used to hearing about Ashley's love for Terry.

They continued talking, and they talked about more fun stuff and they were laughing. Ashley went to see Antonia in her room.

- Antonia...

- Hey Ashley...

- I saw you with Terry...

- Oh... he finally asked me out...

- Yes, that's what I thought. I just wanted to tell you, that I'm happy for you...

- You love him too, I know...if he had told me he wanted you Ashley, I would've backed off...believe me.

- I believe you, said Ashley. I hope you're happy.

- I am very happy.

Antonia approached her cousin and they hugged.

- I'm sorry you're hurt Ashley, she said, I love you.

- I love you Antonia, said Ashley. I'll be fine, as long as your happy, and he's happy

oOoOoOoOoOo

The Great aunt had never seen Antonia so happy. She was with Terry, and everything was perfect.

It was back to school time. The shopping for the uniform, the shoes and the school supply was very fun and tiresome. Terry went with Antonia to get his car. He had thought about it with her and he finally decide to get a Jeep Grand Cherokee. It was black, and he put in a CD player a car phone all the luxury, since he could afford it, well his new mom said he could have whatever he wanted. He chose it with Antonia. The car dealer looked at them, they were a very cute couple of rich kids who could buy anything they want.

- This car is just wonderful, said Antonia, I think I'm going to move in in it...

- Right, the princess is going to give up her warm and fluffy bed?

- What are you saying? I can't sleep in this awesome car?

- It's good for some hanky panky...

- Terry! Said Antonia blushing.

The car dealer burst out laughing, with Terry.

- I'm sorry honey, I didn't mean to embarrass you, said Terry.

- Well, the idea of hanky panky in the car is kind of exciting, I wouldn't mind... even a little more..., said Antonia with a little smile

- My turn to yell, Antonia! Said Terry laughing.

Everybody was laughing. The car was ready for them to take home and they went for a ride. They came back and they found the Great Aunt waiting for them.

- You two were gone for a long time.

- I'm sorry Great Aunt, said Antonia, we lost track of the time.

- Next time, you can call and let us know where you are... it's not good to go and tell no one I was worried. You weren't answering your cell phone...

- We probably didn't hear it with the loud music in the car...

- Loud music? That's not safe, said the great aunt. Terrence you shouldn't put your cousin's life in danger that way.

- I'm sorry, great aunt, said Terry, you're right, that was stupid of me...it won't happen again...

- I almost want to forbid Antonia to ride with you in your car..., said the Great Aunt.

- Please, don't do that, said Antonia begging, please great aunt. We're going to be careful, I promise you...

The Great Aunt looked at the couple, so carefree... Antonia really loved that boy. But she was afraid of Terry's influence on her niece...

- All right, you two be careful next time you ride that...Jeep of yours you just bought. I wouldn't want to lose any of you

- Thank you Great Aunt, said Antonia hugging her, I'm sorry I worried you. I love you...

- I love you too, Antonia, said the Great Aunt.

Terry looked at the scene. The old owl was so much nicer with her nieces...She still treated him with a little distance. Antonia let go of her aunt and left with Terry walking on a cloud. They went to Allyson's room to tell you the news.

- Jeep Grand Cherokee?! Wow!

- I just wanted my dream car..., said Terry.

- It's great! You won't have to ride with me for the party...

- What party? Said Antonia.

- Brittany Backman is throwing a party before we go back to school, to end the summer.

- Like she needs a special reason to throw a party, said Antonia, she practically has one every week...!

- She was mean to Nina, said Terry.

- Yeah... should we forgive and forget, honey? Antonia asked Terry.

- Yeah, I think we should...we're in a good mood...

- And I want to rub on her face that I'm with you now..., said Antonia smiling.

Terry burst out laughing, he kissed her on the forehead.

- Did you ask the Great Aunt? Said Antonia.

- Yes, she said we could go, that it would be good to have a little fun before we go back to school.

- And as soon as Aunt Whilemina comes, we're going to have a big party for you, Terry...

- I really don't need a party, said Terry, I'm fine.

- We need to introduce you to the other members of the family Terry, said Antonia.

- Oh... I guess I don't have a choice right? He said.

- Not really..., said Allyson.

- Well it's not time for that yet, honey, said Antonia, let's go get some rest before the party...

- All right...

Terry of course didn't feel comfortable they wanted to throw this big party for him. But he had time to get used to the idea...of people coming over for a big party on his honour. The only thing that was appealing with that party was that he was finally going to meet his new mother.

- Are you ok, Terry? Said Antonia, when they got to Terry's room.

- Yes...

- The big party for you...

- Well I guess I will finally meet my mother...

- Yes! Everything is going to be fine.

- You're a happy camper...

- I'm with you, I don't need anything else in my life!!!!

She kissed Terry, she was happy , she took the gypsy woman's words literally, she was living everyday like it was her last.

oOoOoOoOoOo

Neil Reagan had to do community service. Georgina got him a deal, because even though Terry didn't press any charges against him, the judge charged him with perjury, for lying in a court of law. Mr. Reagan had to make a sizeable donation to St. Francis Academy in order for them to take him back.

Neil was still angry at Terry and he couldn't do much now that he was an Andrew, he actually became instantly richer than him. But that, of course didn't change his devious mind...