Chapter One

"Please love me, Audrey. Please, please, please."
He puts a finger to my pleading lips to silence my whimpering. And with one touch of his finger, my crying is quieted. His hand cups my chin and his lips meet mine. I melt in his embrace. Heated kisses and warm breath, teasing touching to leave me wanting more. My skin prickles with electricity where his hands skim my skin. His hot hands caressing my shoulders and running under my shirt. It feels cold when he pulls away. Cold and lonely and the tears begin to well up again.

Oh, the power he has over me...

"You know that I love you."

His emerald eyes are gazing into mine. Fingertips tracing their way up my arm along the trail of my pale jade veins. Goosebumps rise, skin feeling white-hot as he lures me closer. His warm hand brings my chin up so our lips can meet again. The world is spinning and my heart is the finale of a new year's fireworks show. He tastes like protection and security. Like a summer sunset on the beach, like the warmth of the sun. He tastes like he did when I was his one and only. I savor the moment.

With a flick of his tongue over his top lip, I see the familiar look of hunger in his expression. His eyes narrowing, pupil forming into a cat-like slit. His cheekbones become sharper, facial features becoming more intense. He presses me down so I lie on my back, pinned down by my forearms. He grins seductively, revealing sharpened teeth. I feel his skin becoming hot, nearly scorching to the touch. He looks down on me, breath hot on my neck.

Ready to devour me.

To be underneath the body and the spell of an Incubus, a human might be scared. To be Angel in this situation should be terrifying. I should be flinching away from his burning touch, and running like Hell (so to speak). My body's natural aversion to Demons has my blood boiling, my shoulder blades-- hiding my wings-- aching. But that feeling only turns me on more. I love the feeling of being prey.
Maybe I'm a masochist. Maybe I don't deserve to be an Angel. Maybe I just love Audrey enough to ever save myself from him.

A nip at my earlobe sends shivers down my spine. I gasp and arch my back. Pressing our bodies closer, yet not close enough. His hand is beneath my shirt, brushing against a tentative nipple. A moan escapes my lips and he closes the gap between our mouths. His hand under my shirt-- the other still holding me down to the bed-- presses against my throat, firmly but enough to allow me to breathe comfortably. My pulse is throbbing and I'm certain he's gaining some kind of amusement from it. With a chuckle, he shoves my shirt up to my chin and plants kisses down, down, down my torso. Each kiss leaves a tingling sensation. He reaches my pantline. I feel the stirring of arousal and blush furiously, biting my lip to keep from groaning pathetically.

"Audrey, please..."

At those words, he grins up at me devilishly, "please what?" He teases, coming back up to look me in the eyes. I glare at him playfully and kiss him. He eagerly wraps his arms around my waist as I lock my fingers loosely behind his neck. The mischievous gleam in his eyes suddenly becomes serious, sleepy with desire. Soon, we are nothing but swaying, grinding hips and long breathless kisses. I can feel him shuddering on top of me, sending waves rippling throughout my body. I'm trembling with pleasure. Trembling with excitement and love.
It feels like I'm the only one he wants. Until...

"Oh, Jayydin...!"
...

I shove him off and spring out of bed, "forgotten my name already?!"

Audrey's face is twisted with the realization that he fucked up. His eyes are wide as he reaches out for me. I smack his hand away. My heart aches at his expression.

"Kyle..."

"Don't fucking touch me." I whisper harshly, before my words get louder with my embarassment, my heartbreak. "I knew you didn't love me anymore. It's all about Jayydin now!" My voice is breaking with tears. I pivot around, my back to him and grab my jacket.

"I'm sorry, Kyle..." Audrey's voice is quiet.

"I'm going for a walk." I scowl, slamming the door shut behind me. With the door shutting, the tears come pouring down. Sobbing quietly but so hard that it's hard to breathe. After taking a few deep breaths and pulling myself together-- physically, at least-- I rub my eyes and start walking. No destination in mind. Outside, the air is crisp and the sky is overcast. The usually-bright colors of the city have been dulled; grey and quiet. The barren trees are swaying their branches with a breeze. I zip ip my jacket and put in my headphones. But I don't hear the music.

How dare he. How dare he.
After I gave him all the love I could ever possess. He is everything to me, my world. Maybe it wasn't enough. Maybe his affection ended with my body. I was probably just a means of survival to him... God, I gave him my body everytime he wanted me. Of course he kept me around.
And just when I was going to forgive him for this insatiable lust, when I thought he really does love me, he doesn't. Thinking of someone else as he found his pleasure from me-- not even me, only my body. The name keeps ringing in my mind, haunting me. Jayydin, Jayydin, Jayydin.

Hugging my arms, I realize it's a lot colder than I thought it would be. I had kept my eyes on the ground, watching the leaves crunching under my shoes. But I finally look up, and notice a warm-looking coffee shop. I wonder why I had never noticed it before, it being so closely located to Audrey and I's place. It seems rather ordinary, but there's almost a... glow? around it. It feels like it's drawing me in... but I decide that its just the numbness of my cold fingers being called to the warmth. Why not stop in?

"Good afternoon~" sings the barista behind the counter. There is light chatter amongst coffee drinkers, the pleasant smell of spices and the feeling of comfort in the air.

The barista is honey-skinned and blond, with a contagious smile and a gentle aura. So I feel safe and almost a little less sad coming up to the register.

"Hello honey, what can I get for you?" His accent is thick but not familiar to me. A sincere smile crosses his lips as he talks. The smile reaches me deep and I can't help but smile weakly back. Before I know it, I'm spacing out staring into his chocolate eyes. There's so much depth... It feels like he can see right through me.

"P-pumpkin latte..." I try to speak, but my mouth feels like there's stitches at the corners. /Hector/ as his nametag suggests, looks at me concerned and takes me by the arm.

"You're trembling..." His tone if filled with worry. He escorts me to a table close to the counter but further from everyone else beside a window. I sit and watch my hands, I hadn't even noticed how my body was reacting. I wonder if they're trembling due to the cold or my emotional state. I look up at the barista.

"Stay right here, I'll bring you some tea to warm those cold hands. On the house."

"Y-you don't have to do t-that.." I smile sheepishly, "I'm s-so sorry to make you worry..."

"Don't apologize, little one. It's no trouble." Hector grins before dashing off.

Through the window, I see the clouds hanging low to the ground. Heavy with rain, it would appear. I sighed, realizing I would have to walk home through that. As if the cold wasn't enough. As if I wasn't already weighed down by my sinking heart.

I had closed my eyes to rest a little when the teacup clinks in front of me on the table. I gain the feeling back in my fingers as I press the cup to my lips. The chamomile tea seemed to fill me with warmth until my skin flushes. Hector sat across from me, his fingers skimming along my arm as he passed by me. My heart skips at the touch. Was that an accident, or...?

"Does that help, honey?" He asks. He seems to be piercing me with his eyes again.

Feeling vulnerable, I blink away from his gaze. "Yes, it does... do you do this for everyone who comes in from the cold?"

"Only the cute ones with broken hearts." He takes my hands in his. My face is burning. I'm not sure if I'm embarrassed or flattered. He continues, "only for you."

Weird vibes now. His once-charming smile and friendliness is now overwhelming. I muster a small smile and stand up. My knees feel wobbly but I need to get away. Even if I have to go home to Audrey.

"...Okay. Well, thank you for the tea, but I need to get home now."

Hector's face falls for a moment before he reaches for my hand again. He kisses it on the knuckle, "Have a good night, Kyle. Sweet dreams."

I shudder a little before making my exit. As the door swings closed behind me, I come to a strange realization.

I never told Hector my name.