Stay - Ayato x Reader {One-shot}

Oct. 27 2019 - For obvious reasons, you and Ayato are now aged up in this. It basically has become another story altogether, but I hope it's just as enjoyable!

"Why?"

Violet, beautiful but dangerous, gazed back up at you. At his sudden inquiry, you furrowed your brow in a plead to go on.

"Why what?"

His head twisted in your lap, blue threads of his hair skimming over your bare thighs. In a treasured moment of vulnerability, he allowed you to run your hands through his hair, his body visibly relaxing under your touch. The sun slid down quickly over the darkening sky, painting clouds pink and orange.

"Why do you stay?"

The question stayed your fingers, and you glanced around the room. The curtains sashayed on a gentle breeze, making way for some sun and birdsong. It was warm and, if you breathed in deeply enough, the taste of coffee and freshly baked bread would settle on your tongue for a moment. 

It was truly a silly question, but you humored him anyway.

"Why do I stay...? Good question."

Ayato blinked up into your face, his own a perfectly manicured neutral. Knowing better, you brushed his bangs planted your lips on him. 

"You're kind, even though you pretend to be a heartless bastard." His eyes flicked away, neither affirming or denying.

"You're gentle and compassionate towards the ones you love, and fiercely protective of them." His eyes slip shut again as your fingers soothed sweet circles into his scalp.

"I love how you're secretly dependent on affection and socializing to keep you going." 

Ayato pinched your calf, making you jump slightly and thump him on the head, albeit gently. "I wouldn't go that far."

"It's true, so no use in denying it. And lastly, the sex is great--"

Ayato flew up at that, pushing you down onto the couch. This game was one the two of you had perfected, and you watched it unravel as his lips ghosted over your ear.

"Is that all I'm good for?"

"Did you not hear anything before 'sex'?"

You giggles transformed into gasps as Ayato leaned into your neck, unleashing upon you a torrent of hot, open mouthed kisses. He drew back, and the tenderness in his gaze utterly disarmed you.

"I heard you."

You breath caught as Ayato returned to your neck, deceptively tentative; you felt a quick, sharp pain when he suddenly bit into you.

"Jesus," you breathed as he suckled on the same spot he had bitten, "What happened to innocent cuddling and talking about our feelings?"

He hummed, a hand skating up your stomach, teasing the underside of your breast. You bit your lip as he smiled against you, gingerly taking your soft flesh between his teeth in another seductive nip.

"I plan on taking my time, especially since you're not going anywhere."

Your skin warmed at the double entendre, and you gave yourself up to his skillful mouth and godlike body. 

"I'll be in your care, then," was the last comprehensible thing that left your mouth for some time.