Dark Mystery

It seemed like the trees could talk. The way they blew in the wind so violently almost as if they were screaming. The leaves were beginning to change and falling all over the ground. This is when warmer cardigans and jeans came into play.
I walked down the street kicking dead leaves and watched them blow around as cars drove passed. I waited for them to blow again but this time they didn't as a bright blue car rolled along beside me and stopped.
"You're actually insane Rollins!"
It was my best friend Maria. The definition of a preppy popular girl. Rollins is my last name which she calls me by every chance she gets.
I turned to her car with my arms folded across my chest. "I didn't know walking to school was a crime."
She huffed and opened the passenger side door. "Just get in Liyla it's freezing!"
I ran around the car and got inside. The car immediately smelled like weed so I turned my head to face the back of the car. There sat Tyler Evans, captain of the football team and idiot of the century.
"Sup Liyla," He chuckled as he blew out smoke.
I glared at him and turned to Maria. "And you call me insane!? I, for one don't want to go to school smelling like I just took a bath full of weed!" I hit the console beside me and slouched in my seat.
"Relax Rollins, I have perfume. Plus you can always take a shower after gym class." She shrugged and turned into the school parking lot almost hitting the car in front of her.
"Learn how to drive!" I yelled getting out of the car and walking off into the school not even wanting to be seen with the princess and the stoner.
I barely got in through the door before I heard several familiar voices calling my name.
"Maria!" I turned around and was greeting by hugs from none other than my friends Summer, Autumn, and Crystal.
"Wow, first day back to school and I'm pretty sure we all look the hottest." Crystal made a face as she looked at a few other girls dressed in last years ugg boots according to her and her fashion magazines.
"At least our lockers are all near each other." Autumn said while taking out a piece of paper with her locker combination on it.
Crystal walked to the locker across from ours. "Yeah, but my locker is next to the jocks and I swear if they even touch me with their sweaty ass bodies I'm going to have to burn my clothes."
We all laughed and I leaned my back on the lockers and watched the heard of students trying to get everything in order.
Maria and Tyler were making out in the corner by the bathroom so I turned my eyes to something else. Something I had never seen before.
Someone.
Someone tall and handsome. He wore a leather jacket and worn down jeans and his eyes looked so light.
I watched him as he handed a paper to the teacher and waited while it was looked over. I didn't realize I was staring until he looked straight back into my eyes and smirked just the lightest bit.
Shit. I acted like I wasn't looking and focused my eyes on the floor.
Without looking back up I knew he had already walked inside the classroom. The classroom I was in.
Everyone ran off into classrooms and Summer walked over with me, it was her first class as well.
"Take your seats, take your seats everyone settle down," our new teacher, Mr. Havens said before telling us what seemed like his whole life story.
I sat down behind Summer and turned to set my backpack on the ground realizing the mystery guy was sitting in the back off to the side, looking down at his desk and tapping his pencil.
"Everyone I'd like you to meet our new student, Troy Salem," Mr. Havens said as everyone turned around to look at the no longer mystery guy.
Some girls giggled and whispered, while Mr. Havens began to speak again. "I've read you're from Sacramento California! That's a big difference from Chicago."
"Yup." Troy said in such a low raspy voice with no emotion or expression, tapping his pencil and looking at our strange teacher.
"Well, I hope you enjoy it here at Damiun High."
That's when I knew what color they were. Green. The lightest green with just a bit of blue.
"I think I will.." Troy smiled slightly at me and my eyes widened turning back around in my seat but looking back one last time over my shoulder at him as he began to focus on tapping his pencil once again.
Yes, he was attractive.
But something just felt off about him. I don't know what it is but I don't want to know or even find out. I just need to focus on my grades and go to Harvard like my dad did.
I began to listen to what was being taught but I drifted off back into thought.
Why come to a whole new school junior year? Why Chicago? A leather jacket. Who wears leather jackets?
Who the hell is Troy Salem.