A Kiss

Based on the Superfruit Periscope Livestream (02/08/16). The livestream ended because they were having guests over.

PS: If you haven't watched the livestream, I recommend you watch it from 7:47-8:00 in order to fully understand the storyline.

Chapter 1

During the livestream:

"Maybe when I move out," I said and snickered.

As soon as the words came out of my mouth I instantly regretted saying them. "Which is never," I tried to reassure him, but when I turned around his face was still expressionless.

After our guests left we were cleaning the living room. Scott was awfully quiet the whole time. I was about to go throw away an empty wine bottle when I tripped over a stupid cable and fell flat on my ass. "Shit," I exclaimed. Scott ran towards me and helped me up.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" he asked and chuckled, but his smile didn't completely reach his eyes.

"Ah, yes. Still a bit tipsy, I guess." There was a pause.

"Are you okay, queen?" I asked him while looking at him with a worried half-smile.

"Yeah, yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" he said and continued with his task of sweeping up the floor.

"Uh, I was just asking because you've been kind of quiet."

Scott was the type of person who would usually pretend like everything was fine so that others wouldn't worry about him, but I figured since he was still a bit drunk he might talk. He looked at me as if he was contemplating saying something.

"Did you really mean what you said earlier? About moving out?"

I sighed. "No, Scott. We just moved in, remember? I'm not planning on going anywhere anytime soon."

"But you want to get your own place one day?"

"I mean yeah, eventually? I just need to find myself a sexy BF first." I said jokingly and winked.

"Right. Of course."

And before I could say anything he had walked back to his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

I was lying in my bed trying to fall asleep but my brain wouldn't shut up. I had hurt his feelings. I loved living with Scott, he was my best friend in the whole world, my everything. It wasn't like I wanted to move out and live with someone else. I was just being realistic. One day we would both find someone and maybe get married and eventually we were going to have to move out and live with our significant others. The thought of living without Scott was suddenly making me feel depressed. F*ck it. I wasn't going to sleep anyway so I might as well go talk it out with him.

"Scott," I said quietly while knocking on his door. "Come in." His voice was croaky, as if he'd been crying. As I walked in I saw him wiping away his tears.

"Oh, honey. I didn't mean to make you cry." I said and quickly walked over to him and sat beside him on his bed. He was leaning his back towards the headboard. I put my hand on top of his while gently caressing it with my thumb.

"No, don't worry. I'm just a bit of a drunk mess right now. I'm okay." He tried to reassure me. But I knew him and he knew me all too well, so I started explaining myself. I owed it to him.

"I was wrong to bring it up like that during the livestream. I was just annoyed after what you said about never getting another cat. You know how much I've been wanting to find Wyatt a hairless hunty for months now."

"Oh. I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking. But you were right, Mitchy. We're not going to live together forever."

His eyes glazed over but now I was the one crying. I wanted to convince both him and myself that nothing was going to change. That everything would be okay.

"But we'll just move into one of those connected houses like we always talked about when we were younger. And our families can have dinner together every night and we'll have a shared pool and everything. We'll see each other every day!" Wow, I sounded desperate.

He looked at me with a sad smile. I tightened my grip around his hand, clinging onto it and scooting closer to him as if I was making sure he would never get away. He wiped away a tear from my cheek and kissed the same spot where it had landed. It felt unusually intimate, even for us. But I figured we were both still intoxicated and I didn't care so I continued speaking.

"And you can come over to my place whenever you want to, and we'll order pizza and sit in front of the tv and watch Spongebob while cuddling and,"

"Mitch," he was staring at me with an expression I couldn't quite read.

"What?" I asked.

"What about your husband?" His tone was monotone but there was a tinge of pain hidden in the way he had said it.

"Who?" He looked at me as if he was waiting for me to come to a realization. Oh... and then it hit me. Nothing would ever be the same once we both had families of our own. We wouldn't be able to sit as close as we were sitting in this very moment. We wouldn't be able to snuggle up on the couch and cuddle until we both fell asleep. I would never again feel the comfort of his lips softly touching my cheek like I had done only a few minutes ago.

We looked into each others eyes for what felt like an eternity, our minds filled with worry and desperation and our hearts filled with pain and something else I couldn't quite place.

"I don't ever want this to end. Us." I whispered.

Suddenly his eyes were boring into mine, like he was staring into my soul. Searching for something. For a split second his eyes wandered to my lips, and I would have missed it if it wasn't for the fact that I was looking at him so intently. I moved closer to him so our noses were touching and I could feel his ragged breath on my face. I brushed my lips over his, ever so slightly. And in less than a second his lips were all over mine and I was full-on making out with my best friend.