sixteen

some comments wont make sense

Luke's POV

Just as Carl spoke, a third car parked up to block the trail leading up to the house, blocking any potential exit that Carl and I had. Officers were already stood a few metres away from us, but what caught my attention was the head of light blonde hair that exited the car at the back, Ashton.

"Luke!" He shouted as he rushed towards us, Michael trailing behind him, only stopping behind the police officers who were ready and waiting to try and take Carl down.

"I really had hoped I wouldn't have to see you again, Ashton." Carl said as he spotted him, "One stab wound not enough to keep you away? Maybe I should've stabbed higher." He laughed, "You'd get along well with our friend James, poor guy is bleeding to death in the house if you cared to look."

A few of the officers looked around to each other, before one signalled for others to head into the house as Carl just laughed again, clearly enjoying the fact he thought he had control of this.

"Get your filthy hands off him!" Ashton then yelled, trying to move forward again but was pushed back by an officer, a firm 'Sir!' halting the male's movements.

"Still feisty huh, and all for my little Lu here? Isn't that sweet." He whispered the last part into my ear, leading me to flinch ever so slightly.

An officer to the right of us was then next to speak, "Let him go Carl, this will go over a lot smoother if you let him go." He was edging towards the pair of us, hands open in front of him to show he wasn't going to use a weapon.

Not liking the movement, Carl seemed to pull me closer to him as he threatened, "You move one more step and I'll cut his throat." Tears were now starting to fall from my eyes, I couldn't die like this, not when I got so close.

Shaking his head, the officer took another tentative step, "You won't do that, you care about him and so you know you won't kill him." He said but Carl just laughed.

"You think I won't hurt him? You're an idiot, and you're even more stupid if you think I'd rather him live without me then die with me." Carl's tone was serious, and part of me always knew that if it came down to it then he would kill me. He can't stand the thought of me being free from him, especially if the situation is him being in jail and having no way to get to me, he would rather me die then let me be without him.

My breathing was shaky as Carl's grip on me tightened, "C-Carl please." I whispered, hoping just for one ounce of mercy from him.

"Ssh, baby bun, I'm gonna get you out of here." Carl mumbled into my ear, only causing more tears to spill from my eyes, "Let us leave here, or it's blood on your hands." He directed his attention back to the officers.

"We can't do that, Carl, you need to let him go." A different officer said as my gaze finally returned to Ashton.

It was clear that he was worried, if the wide-eyed look was anything to give away, Michael was holding onto his arm tightly as they both looked at Carl more so than me. My breath hitched as Ashton's gaze moved to me, but I quickly squeezed my eyes shut when Carl yelled, "He's mine! You can't take him from me!"

"We just don't want you to hurt him Carl, killing him isn't the way to get out of this and you know it." The officer was trying to just calm Carl down, but I could tell Carl was shaking his head and he was disagreeing with whatever the officers were trying to say to him.

"Killing him is the only way he stays mine if you won't get out of my way, I can't let him be free, I can't lose him." My captor was starting to sound more unhinged as the moments passed, he seemed fearful, which wasn't an emotion I was used to Carl expressing and I had to try and use that to my advantage.