two

tw for mentioned/implied rape
note: age changes for luke from 18 to 20, and carl from 30 to 32 + luke being kidnapped at 12 instead of 10

Luke's POV

Ashton seemed nice, I was happy to have a brief conversation with him because he seemed like he'd be sweet and a good person to get to know when Carl wasn't around. However, Carl wouldn't and currently isn't very happy about it.

With a hand tightly gripped to my waist, Carl led me back inside the house after my conversation with Ashton. It was obvious he was unhappy with me, but that was common, he knew I wasn't going to run but got still got angry when I went outside for some reason.

"So, did I say you could leave the house?" Carl asked as we walked through the house and into the kitchen.

Shaking my head, I answered, "No."

"Then why did you?" Carl asked, placing his hands on my hips and pulling me closer to him, "Baby, you know I don't want to have to punish you." I just stared straight ahead of me as he stared down at me, I hated making eye contact with him.

"I just wanted some fresh air, I-I'm sorry. He came up to me." I explained, hoping Carl would just let this go for a change because I really didn't want to do anything tonight.

Bringing a hand up to my jaw, Carl raised my head so I was looking at him, "I'll let it slide this time, baby, but if you leave again then I won't hesitate to hurt you." The grip Carl had on me tightened and I just nodded before he smiled and leaned in to kiss me.

As much as it disgusted me to have his lips on mine, there wasn't anything I could do about it because if I refused he'd just hurt me and I really didn't want that to happen right now given he'd surprisingly let me off the hook with something.

"I can't risk someone taking you away from me, can I?" Carl then commented, and I was quick to shake my head, "Especially not the pretty new neighbour, don't want him getting suspicious now, wouldn't want to have to hurt him too."

It was clear that Carl was threatening me, using that as a way of telling me to stay away from Ashton because he didn't want me letting anything slip to him. Threatening the other individual was always his tactic with me, because he know I wouldn't want to bring someone else into the mess that is my life if it means they get hurt because of me. It was the same method he used when he first took me, he threatened to hurt my family if I tried to run back to them and so I stayed put, terrified he'd hurt or even kill them.

"Now, I have to go out and take care of some business right now but I should be back in about two hours so have dinner ready." Carl ordered before he roughly kissed my lips. "Oh, and don't think about going anywhere."

"I know you'd fine me if I did." I replied and Carl smiled before kissing me again and then leaving the house.

Once he was gone, I moved to sit at the kitchen table and placed my head in my hands out of frustration. I wanted to leave, I wanted to leave so badly but I couldn't. Carl worked for some shady illegal business and he had people everywhere, if I left then I'd be found in pretty much no time and Carl liked to torment me with that. There wasn't anything I could do about the situation because I didn't have anywhere to go if I left anyway, he'd taken me from my family so many years ago that I don't even remember where they lived. 

I was trapped here without any help.

This whole fiancée thing was news to me too and I didn't know how sick to feel about it. He never gave me a choice in the matter and I didn't even like having to call him my 'boyfriend' because he wasn't, he was just the man who'd taken me from my family and kept me hidden away from everyone for eight years. Well, hidden away from the public. Carl wasn't so much against taking me to his dodgy business with his shady friends, none of whom cared for that fact Carl was basically just keeping me captive; they were just as twisted as Carl if anything.