Chapter Fifty Seven

Depuis le début

"Really Cassie what's eating you?" Her high voice asked.

I sighed "It's just- I just dropped Tom off at the airport"

"Oh...well you know what we should do?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes already knowing the answer as another light turned red. I mouthed the word 'party' directly as she said the word "Party"

"Tay I really don't feel like partying and I have to go and get Timber anyway" I said pressing my foot onto the gas pedal as the light turned green once more.

"You're going to his house?" She asked interested.

I sighed "Yeah"

"...Well...do you think that I could go?"

I half smiled; I did kind of owe it to her. "Yeah I don't think that they would mind...I'll be at your place in ten minutes"

"Yes! I love you!" She said buoyantly before she hung up.

I laughed half heartedly to myself. Maybe a girls night out is just what I needed.

Taylor sat in the passenger seat, practically bouncing up and down in awe as we drove into the drive way. I laughed at her urgency.

"Taylor calm down, I don't want you destroying the house" I told her as I walked behind her, toward the back door, she was already three paces in front of me.

She unlocked the gate and stood in shock as she gazed at the backyard. "This- this-" she began.

"Is amazing?" I laughed "I know" I moved around her and strode up to the back door, grabbing my key and turning it slightly in the lock, receiving a joyful click. Timber ran around the corner and out the back door immediately, jumping up and down on me for a brief second before he ran over to a still awe struck Taylor. He ran around her twice then licked her hand, obviously he remembered her.

She blinked and knelt down to Timber "Hey there buddy" she pet him softly as I walked into the dark house.

I sighed and closed my eyes tiredly. I heard the door click shut and Timber's nails against the cold marble floor.

"Tour?" Taylor asked excitedly.

I shook my head walking through the kitchen with Taylor following behind me "No, look for yourself" Then I stopped and turned to her before heading upstairs "But don't...I repeat don't mess with any of their stuff" She gulped and nodded.

I continued trudging up the stairs. "Where are you going to be?" Taylor asked.

"You'll find me, I promise you will" I half smiled down to her as she started exploring the downstairs. Timber climbed up the stairs with me.

I lay down on his bed under the covers, inhaling his scent. Timber was by my side lying peacefully under my fingers that brushed his hair back and forth. I stared at the ceiling, depressed. I had turned on my ipod and pressed repeat to 'Fire to the third bar' by snow patrol. It fit nicely with my mood.

I felt like I was actually alone. I couldn't hear a sound from Taylor. Not that I really cared that she was here. I still seemed to have a twinge of hatred towards her, but I tried to put the past behind me.

"Cassie!" Taylor called from somewhere in the upstairs region.

"What?!" I asked annoyed. I just wanted to drown in my sorrow.

"Where are- never mind" She said as she reached the doorway. "So this is Tom Felton's room." She said nodding her head up and down in approval while walking over to me on the bed. "A little messy but nice" I sighed, he still hadn't cleaned all of the broken items in his room. "Party now?" She asked after a moment's silence.