Chapter Eleven

Cas's POV

'The work will not progress unless we find another Nephilim to sacrifice, Castiel,' Metatron stated as we walked down the suburb area in Colorado. I wasn't paying attention to him. Instead, I was rewinding the moment I told Meg about our baby.

'Cas?' Meg continued rubbing my hair while I lay near her stomach caressing her baby bump. Our sweet little baby inside it.

'Hmmm?'

'How do you feel about being a father?' I smiled immediately and adjusted so that I was on her eye-level.

'Spectacular. You have no idea how happy I am,' I said and kissed her nose, 'thanks to you,'

'I wonder if the baby is gonna have wings like you,' she said.

'Of course she will. She's a Nephilim and a pretty, powerful, loving one. I can sense it,' I bend down again and kissed her baby bump, 'Isn't that right, baby?'

I looked up at Meg only to see her crying.

'Why are you crying?!'

She fanned her hands in front of me while trying to stop the tears from flowing.

'She?' her voice cracked and another set of tears came out.

I smiled at her and kissed her tenderly.

'Yes, love. I guess we're gonna have a mini you running around the house,' and kissed her some more.

'Sam and Dean will be happy to hear that,' she smiled while wiping her eyes.

'Huh, Dean would be ecstatic,'

'CASTIEL, ARE YOU IGNORING ME?' Metatron shouted so I immediately turned to look at him.

'Why are you shouting? What's your problem?' I frowned.

'What's my problem? Huh! What's my problem? I've been talking here for the past five minutes, making a fool out of myself while you were caught up with your day dream, thank you very much for asking,'

'Sorry,' I murmured before rolling my eyes, 'please continue,'

He gave me a sarcastic look but nevertheless continued.

'As I was saying, the work will not progress unless we find another Nephilim to sacrifice, Castiel,'

My head snapped so fast at him that I swear I heard a slight crack. Sorry Jimmy.

'What? A Nephilim?'

He nodded. He told me about his plans on closing heaven for us to clean up our mess ourselves without disturbing humans but he didn't told me this.

'So you're telling me that killing a Nephilim is part of the trial?'

'Yes and it is the most difficult to find; rare species, those abomination,' he stopped walking, 'you don't happen to know any Nephilim, right?'

He then looked up to me and studied me for a moment. I gulped and tried so hard to act indifferent. I swear to father I'm gonna butcher him if he ever touch one strand of my daughter's hair.

'No, how could I even know one?'

'Hmmm, actually I do know one and I know her father; a disgrace to our kind,'

'You don't have the right to say that,'

One of his eyebrows shot up and an easy smile crept to his lips,