Chapter 1 - Rough Landing

An intense explosion pierced my ears as I awoke in a startled fluster. My feet stepped hastily on the damp floor, as I stood in a hurry. Glancing around my tent, I quickly gathered my clothes and draped the tent curtain, peering outside to find out where the deafening noise originated from. The crowd of people were congested around the drop ship, preventing me from talking to Bellamy and the others. "Get out of my way!" I exclaimed, charging though the large sea of people. "Clarke. There you are..." Bellamy shouted, over several other voices, with a concerned tone.
"Bellamy what the hell is going on?" I quickly interrupted. "Theres been a violent landing of a space station just north from here." he said, indicating to the huge fire and cloud of ash. "We aren't sure... but it's a possibility it could be people from the ark." We stood shoulder to shoulder, staring at the immense cloud of smoke covering the sky, about a mile from here. "We need to go find them...see if there are survivors. If we leave it too late the grounders will get there before us, and they'll die anyway." I explained. "Clarke, if we leave we are putting the lives of everybody in this camp in danger, and I won't allow that."
He is so stubborn. That is one of the many things about Bellamy Blake that annoyed yet intrigued me. There was rarely an occasion that myself and Bellamy agreed on anything, hence our different methods of leadership. The tone in his voice suddenly changed to anger as he expressed, "I won't let anyone else in this camp die because of you Clarke." I cast him an infuriated yet dominating stare, as I soon replied: "Nobody else has to die today Bellamy. I understand that you want what's best for our people, but those from the ark are our people too." Gazing around at the crowd of reckless delinquents, I continued my somewhat motivational speech. "If we leave them, they will die. That means all of the supplies they carried will be gone too. How could you let that happen Bellamy? You say you are a good leader, well act like one."
Suddenly the large crowd of people became silent, all eyes piercing on myself and Bellamy. He paused for a while, staring at me with those large intimidating eyes, before quickly retreating back to his tent; clearly humiliated by my comment. Although Bellamy was often selfish and irritating , I did feel bad insulting his leadership. To be honest, he has ensured the majority of us have stayed alive. I willingly followed him into the stuffy tent. Within a few seconds of entering, he asked "So, When do we leave?", staring at me as if to question my acts as leader of the group. 'What?' I thought to myself. Why has Bellamy Blake, the most unforgiving, selfish individual put his trust in me to lead the group? I paused, not knowing what to say. "We leave now." I replied eventually, not allowing him to notice the confusion I hid within.
Myself and Bellamy gathered everyone to discuss that we were both going to leave camp in search for the ark survivors. It felt almost wrong leaving Murphy in charge of the others, but it had to be done.

next chapter
⬇️⬇️⬇️