Chapter 1: Escape

Recap
BOOM

Kat's POV

All we heard was BOOM and everything went to chaos outside, gunshots, screams, cry's of help. Then there were walkers everywhere. We finally got the door open and ran. We had to dodge bullets and walkers. I ran like hell and saw an older woman at the fence covered in Walker guts, with short grey hair,holding a sniper. I saw the gas tank had been blown up. She did it. She must be part of this group. If not she's one pissed off or nice person. She hopped the fence. I ran through a building to get to the fence faster. There was a lady and she held up a knife to...CORINA! I ran out of the building and went to the big building that had all the weapons. I grabbed my pistol and my sword. I ran back to the building to see the older woman kill the other woman letting Corina go. I ran up to her. "Corina" I said. We hugged for a few seconds until we heard walkers banging on the door. Me, Corina, and the older woman ran to the fence, into the woods. The rest of the group showed up. "Carol!" Daryl said and they embraced in a hug. Carol dug up a blue bag. It had LOTS of weapons and ammo. I already had 4 clips, my gun and Corina got hers back. I gave her 1 of my clips since she only had 2. "I have something to show you." Carol said. We walked. We got to a cabin. A black man came out with a baby in his arms. Carl and Rick yelled "Judith!" we left that area and camped in the woods,pretty far away from the noise, fire, and walkers at Terminus. I woke up early in the morning to Carl's footsteps. I got up and crept behind him. "HELP! HELP!" carl and I heard someone yelling. Carl saw me. I had my sword out. We came towards an clearing in the forest. I saw a man surrounded by a few walkers on top of a rock. I made a little bit of noise and drew them away. I killed them while Carl helped the man down and asked him some things. I walked over to them. "so, what's your name?" Carl asked the man. "Gabriel, Father Gabriel." he said. Rick was running our way. "Carl! Kat! Why did you go off on your own!?" Rick said pissed off. "I heard someone needed help, and I..." Carl said but was cut off. "Carl, you could have died!" Rick said. "um, I'm here too, I could..." I said but was also cut off. "does your group have a place to stay?" Father Gabriel asked. "who's he?" Rick asked. "I'm Father Gabriel, I have a church just down here" he said pointing farther into the clearing. "ok, since I haven't asked Kat this, both of you have to answer the questions." Rick said. "how many walkers have you killed?" Rick asked. "none" Father Gabriel said. "too many to count" I said. "how many people have you killed?" "none" "6" "why?" "3 were gonna turn and wanted me to, 1 tried to kill me, the other 2 were people at Terminus." "ok, you can stay. Both of you." Rick said. "we should see if the group wants to go to the church." I said. "let's get back to the group." Rick said and started walking. We reached the group. They looked worried. "why did you guys leave!" Maggie yelled. "this guy was screaming for help." I said and pointed to Father Gabriel. Abraham put his gun up. "put that down!" Glenn said. Abraham pointed his gun down. "Gabriel has a church nearby." Rick said. "we should all go." Bob said.(look I didn't forget him this time!) we all walked for a little until we approached a small church. "this is it." Father Gabriel said, pointing to the church. We walked inside. "how have you been surviving?" Rick asked. "it all started near the end of our food drive. We had gathered a lot." Gabriel said. "are there any other places we could go to get food?" I asked. "there is a small town a few miles down the road. It has a food bank." Gabriel said. "We need food. We need to go." Rick said. "Bob, Sasha, Gabriel, and I will go." Rick said. "I can help." I said. "ok, you can help. Just be careful." Rick said. "ok" I said.