Chapter 9

Excuse errors

"I swear this gets colder and colder each time.", Rayah laughed to the nurse as Chris held her hand.

"Alright. You're three months today. Too early for gender but we can do a gender test...", the nurse recommended as she rolled the device over her stomach.

"That won't be necessary. My lil man can wait another month to be revealed.", Chris said deading the thought of early reveal.

"Okay. From the looks. Everything is healthy. Heartbeat is great! The little one is growing well. As long as you stay on top of your intake and diet, you'll be fine.", the doctor added.

"A baby? A new baby?", Royalty asked with her face scrunched.

"Yes. We already told you this Ro. You're gonna be a big sister. Are you excited?", Chris asked her as she sat in his lap.

"Is it gonna have a big head?", she questioned seriously.

That caused everyone to laugh.

"Why'd you ask that?", Rayah questioned giggled.

"Because grandma said I lucky. Me not have daddy head.", she exposed pointing at Chris head.

"She said what?", Chris asked.

"Tea daddy.", she claimed trying to get her finger to motion her sipping tea.

Royalty was an actress.

"I see you'll have two little joys to deal with? Good luck.", the nurse smiled.

Soon the appointment was over, meaning Rayah had to eat and lay down for a while.

She was cautioned to get enough rest as possible.

"Momma Ra?", Royalty called Rayah by her new 'name'. "The baby make you sweep?",

"Yes. Very sleepy.", Rayah mumbled with her eyes closed.

"I sleep with you and baby?", Ro asked crawling up into the bed beside Rayah and rubbing her growing pudge.

"Sure.", she agreed pulling the covers over them.

"Look at my babies.", Chris smiled twirling keys in his hands.

"Where you going?", Rayah asked sleepily.

"Studio. After this I'm free for two weeks.", he revealed.

"Good. You can stop by and get me some Oreo ice cream on your way back.", she ordered.

"You better be lucky you my lil baby. Both of y'all. Matter fact all three of y'all.", he said kissing Rayah's forehead, Royalty's forehead, and Rayah's stomach.

When he made it the studio it was grind mode. He made no effort to make any small talk with Dream. She came late anyway.

He recorded some ad-libs to his songs and he was done in no time.

He moved on to writing some more versus for a song he wrote for his new album.

"Chris we need to talk.", Dream said walking up to him.

"Is it about your music or money?", he asked.

"No it's ju-"

"I don't have nothing to discuss with you then. I don't have to desire to hold a conversation with you.", Chris mumbled as he wrote some more.

"It's important. I always listened to you and you can't even....just...please.", she asked again.

"What could be so important?", He asked.