"She does have friends Dri and I have to worry about you stealing my girl"

She made a face. "If I would date a girl I would not pick her out of your selection, honey"

"What's wrong with my type, caramel?"

"Well from the exes and ex flings you've showed me they all have one common thing" she paused. "They're all... what nice word can I use today?... like tumblr like"

"What does that even mean?"

"They're either flower crowns or unicorns, boxed water or Fiji, choker necklaces or dog collars, ya know?"

"No? I think you just confused me more and I'm not even gonna address the dog collar thing"

A sigh. "Basically the only one I like and would possibly take would be Ari"

"You only like her because she liked your bun that day you seen her"

"And she's nice plus she didn't burn your shit before she gave it back so she gets brownie points"

"Why would she burn it? We ended on good terms"

"You basically broke up with her for no reason. From what you told me she was a great girlfriend so she could've been like this nigga cheating even though you told her you weren't"

"She knew I wouldn't cheat on her"

"She's a girl they gon have those insecurities anyway. Guys always be like they not cheating even when they cheating"

"So what are the loyal ones supposed to say?"

"Nothing. Just gotta prove ya loyal"

"That makes no sense"

"Makes a lot of sense. The unfaithful ones are always gonna talk about how faithful they are but they could never prove it. The faithful ones don't have to constantly say how faithful they are. They can just prove it"

I thought about it. "iight but that's not how you said it before. You was speaking some other shit"

"Uhhuh. I made sense to myself so that's all that matters"

"If you say so, Dri"

"Mhm anyways what does Keem want us to go to his house for tomorrow?"

"He just said come when it gets dark or I'ma fight you and tell ya other half to come too"

"Why does everyone think we're each other's other half?"

"Because we've literally been joint at the hip since we met and we never go anywhere without each other"

"True but we're two wholes together. We're just like milk and cookies-"

"Better together" we finished before high fiving.

"Exactly"

"That's why Jessie is mad" my phone vibrated and I picked it up.

"She needs to chill. Insecurity is an ugly trait"