He Has A Gun In The Couch

Candice☝🏽️

          Zac agreed to pick me up from the motel, so I can gather all my things. As soon as I had finished packing my things, my phone rings.
I answer "Hello?"
"I'm outside" he replies.
"Zac?" I ask
He scoffs "The one and only flower" then he hangs up.
I stare at the phone dumbfounded.

     As I walk outside to the car park, I see Zac sitting on the hood of a black Mercedes Benz. My jaw drops "That's your car?!"
"Maybe" he winks.
I roll my eyes "Aren't you going to help me" I say gesturing towards my suitcases.
He glances at me, then back at his phone "The trunk's open, help yourself "
"Asshole" I muttered as I struggle to lift the suitcases in the trunk.
He chuckles and starts the car as soon as I close the trunk.
There's an uncomfortable silence in the car as he drives, so I decide to break it.
"How did you get my number?" I ask
His eyes focused on the road "Candice"
"Oh" I say as if I was interested.

We finally reach the apartment and he actually carries my suitcases up to the apartment. Before he turns the door knob to the apartment, he looks at me, his eyes filled with emotions, no longer cold.
"Now flower, are you sure you want to live with me"
I scoff "What? Are you afraid what I'm about to see in there will send me running, your dead wrong"
He smiles "It's not what you see in the apartment, it's what you see in me"
I raise an eyebrow "You obviously don't know me"
He chuckles "I can say the same, welcome to your home, flower"

He opens the door to reveal a massive living room, the kitchen was bigger than my old apartment and a long hallway which I presume led to the bedrooms and bathrooms. "This is an apartment?" I suck in a breath "More like a penthouse, show me my room"
He smirks and walks into the hallway while I follow. He stops and opens a door which leads to a king size bed, a beautiful mahogany walk-in closet and a chest on drawers matching. There was extra room for whatever I wanted. The walls were painted different shades of blue.
"Thank you"
I felt his eyes on me as he replies "No problem, flower"
I look up at him, since he's so tall "Why do you call me flower?"
He avoided eye contact with me "No reason"
"Sure, Zakkie" Saying the last part intentionally.
His reaction was priceless, he look at me with horror "Excuse me"
I laugh and close the door in his face, so I can unpack. When I'm done, I take a nice, quick shower and dress into a worn shirt and sweats.
I make my way to the living room and see Zac sitting down watching tv. As if he sensed my presence he turned around, he eyed my outfit up and down.

He smirked "You got comfortable rather quickly "
I rolled my eyes "I'm not here to sleep with you, so sorry if I don't dress to impress"
"True, but don't act like you don't wonder " he winked " I've been told I was amazing "
I sat down in the chair with him "Your ego is too big for its own good"
He chuckled.

I shifted in the couch, something was poking me in my ass.
Zac looked at me with concern "Is something wrong flower?"
"Something is poking me" I said, putting my hands in between the cushions, until my hands touched something cold.
It was heavy and smooth. When I realized what it was I was holding, my jaw dropped.

"Zakkie, why the bloody hell is there a gun in the couch?!" I shrieked.
He snatched it from me "It's one of my security deposits "
"One of" I crossed my arms "What exactly did you mean when you said living with you is going to be dangerous?"

He got up and stalked off until he reached the hallway.
He turned around and glared at me.

"Too late to ask that question flower, your already here"