Chapter 14 - You want me for what?

Start from the beginning

Cindy cried for a while longer before she finally stopped. Once she did Cindy gave Zahria a good hug before standing and heading towards the bathroom. After splashing cold water on her face and blowing her nose she looked in the mirror. Thankfully she wasn't one of the women who looked like hell after crying. When she walked out of the bathroom Zahria was waiting, "Thank you Zahria. It helped. I want to know but I don't. Hands has changed. He just isn't the same as when he vanished. It bothers me since I know other crap happened." She collected herself and walked out of the room with Zahria.

Dinner was interesting since she ended up sitting next to Rain. For some reason she ended up talking to him about when she was younger. There were a number of stories she told him about Hands to his amusement. Hands glowered at her and grumbled but didn't stop her. When Cindy told Rain about his learning to drive the plow truck he did growl. She settled for ignoring Hands as she was talking.

Rain had settled down next to her since he could smell her being upset. Now wasn't the place to ask her about it. As she was talking he was grinning and laughing. Hands reactions were rather funny even though they weren't totally serious, "Well I can tell you a few stories about our esteemed Pack Father as well..." He winked at her and told her a few which received additional growls from Hands. One was a story about one of Ray's new pups who had nailed Hands while getting a bath. There was another story about the girl from the restaurant asking Hands to be her first. That was more of an educational story than to tease him.

Once dinner was over Rain stood and stretched, "Cindy would you care to join me in the hot springs? I don't know about you but it was a long day. I spent part of the afternoon in the Harem and they are still trying to figure me out." Part of it was he had never completely recovered from how he had been dealt with as a pup. Hands, Dreamer, and the therapists had done wonders but not everything could be fixed that way. It was going to be his Harem and that was that. He just had to figure out how to accomplish it.

She stretched as well, "For a short time. I am tired and had long day as well. Darn those kid's classes!" She said that since she knew Hands would laugh at her, "Shall we?" She tucked her arm inside his as they walked out of the room. Cindy was seriously considering taking him up on the offer though she still needed to talk too Salty.

Salty stood and stretched as well, "Tell me about it. I had to deal with supplicants before dinner. It felt good but my brain hurts. I need to soak as well." She collected Rain's other arm and they walked out and towards the pack section of the temple.

When they walked into the hot spring area Salty aimed for one of the private sections and set the indicator. Once they walked in she stripped down and slowly walked into the water, "Come Cindy, relax and soak." She pulled out a cold drink and took a good slug of it.

Rain did much the same after grabbing a drink as well. In his case it was some normal cider and tossed back a good portion before relaxing, "Are you okay Cindy? You smelled upset earlier. Can I help? If you don't want to talk about it how about simply relaxing in the hot water?" Why she was upset he didn't know but didn't think it was due to his request.

Cindy pulled her robe off and grabbed an iced coffee before slipping into the water and stretching out. When Rain asked why she was upset she chewed on one cheek before answering, "I don't know if I can talk about it. It is related to Hands and I need to talk to him." She took a good drink of the iced coffee before she finally made a slight face, "I have a question for you Rain. Were you serious with your question the other day when you were comforting Sophia?"

Salty was relaxing next to Rain as the two were talking. Rain had talked to her about having somewhat asked Cindy to be his first. She didn't have a problem with it since she was somewhat connected to Hands. If it hadn't been her it would be someone in her current pack. When she did become Rain's mate she would no longer be a member of Hands' pack. What the Harem pack might be known as she wasn't sure but she would join it. Either that or remain simply a Liraque and consider the temple her pack.