~Chapter 2~

Nepeta's POV

I anxiously walked through the crowded halls of HumbleGroove high.

The majority of people rushed past me, attempting to get to their designated areas on time.

The footsteps of everyone surrounding me rang through my ears like wedding bells, causing me to flinch at the irritating rhythm.

A sudden fangirl screech ran through my ear drums, causing my flinching to turn into one final jumpscare. I slightly squealed, jumping back at the sudden noise. Cats are sensitive to these kind of sounds, so that meant I was too, considering I had cat-like instincts.

My eyes rapidly spung around, causing me to look into the direction of the one and only, Dave Strider. My current position softened as soon as I saw his facial expression. It was just so perfect, I couldn't even comprehend!

My fangirl side suddenly outnumbered the rest of my sanity, causing me to rush over to join the crowd of his adoring fans.

The chatter of the group of people filled my ears as Dave looked into the heart and soul of the crowd.

The fan boys and fangirls squealed at his presence, causing him to smirk slightly. He obviously enjoyed the happiness of his roaring fans, and that was one of the many things that I liked about him.

In my fangirl urge to get deeper into the crowd, I pushed and shoved my way into the 2nd row. At this point of view, I could see 98% of his handsome face. His pale face brought a shining light to my world, making every day a day to be alive.

I sighed dreamily, thinking about all the combinations we could have to make a stable life together. Me and him, we're surely my OTP at this current timeframe, and it always would be.

abruptly, a sudden push separated me from my thoughts.

The intruding push caused me to land on the hard floor, making a tiny squeak escape my wind pipe.

"Hey!" I whined, glaring up into the face of my abuser.

"You don't belong here, Nerd." The stranger splat out.

My face tighten in anxiety, knowing what was going to come next.

"He's never going to love someone like you" he continued, "Because you're a troll!"

My weary heart skipped a beat at that exact moment. He was right. No human could love a troll. Trolls are of less value on earth, and that's how humans grew up to know. To know not to ever fall in love with a troll.

My tear ducts swelled up with olive tears, begging to escape my eyes. I sniffed once or twice before I got up from my fallen position.

The rude stranger smirked, peering into my well un-kept soul. "Now scram."

I sniffed once more, letting a single tear escape my left eye. I started to back away from the abusive stranger, but that quickly changed to running away from the current scene.

To be honest, I didn't know why I was crying. This has happened many times before. But why can't I get use to it? Am I weak hearted? The questions raced through my think pan faster than you can say the word 'mary sue'. I was so confused, but at that specific moment, I didn't really care. All I cared about was finding somewhere to dwell in my sorrow.

As I continued to sprint past various students, I started to realize that the ladies bathroom was nearby. Of course! The ladies bathroom! The perfect place to clean up my act.

I continued to run past curious students, not even caring if they were looking at me strangely. The only goal I had right now was to get to the ladies bathroom. And that's exactly what I am going to do.

Dave's POV

My fans anxiously crowded around me, getting closer by the minute.

"Woah, woah, woah! Back up! Dave needs his space!" John annouced, using his nerdy hand signals to say 'shoo shoo'!

I chuckled lightly, finding it humorous by the way he does it.

"John, you dork." I teased, giving him a light eyebow jesture.

"Ow!" He said quietly, instantly giggling after. "Haha, whatever you say, Dave!"

I rolled my eyes and smirked at his smartass reply.

John looked at me with his famous goofy smile and continued to giggle.

God, he was so dorky. But, I fucking loved it.

For some odd reason, I heard a sudden cry come from the crowd. My eyes wandered onto the fangirling/fanboying mess to spot where the noise came from.

Almost instantly did my eyes spot where the sound came from. My eyes widen as I saw a myertious girl drowning in her own sorrow. I pulled my shades down slightly to get a better look of the girl, and suddenly, I felt my heart start to race.

The troll girl possessed a huge amount of beauty, that it even caught a guy like me offguard! And that's saying something. Usually, a guy like me has a straight face, even when times get to be their worse.

But something about this wonderful lady caught that trait from my own hands and hid it somewhere deep inside her heart. I might never find that once chill version of me again, but I never want to knowing she exist.

Now, all my tasks, missions, and goals faded away.

I only have one goal now. A life goal.

To win her heart.