Two scoops of an emotional roller coaster

Class could have been better today. However, some students just had to spoil my day, so you can only imagine how much harder faking a smile is going to be be as I serve rowdy customers.

Really giving a big shout out to my Prime Minister for terminating the SFAP... good job there dude, really good job!

When the Student Financial Assistance Program had come into effect, it helped alot of under privileged families in sending their children to colleges not only in the country but abroad as well. The SFAP helped with paying 40 percent of the college fees and the student repaid it by serving a couple years in the government jobs. I had no problem with that whatsoever! This was going to be my ticket away from everything at home! But as I said before the SFAP was terminated as it was claimed a waste of the country's money on children who didn't take their education seriously and the money could have been better spent in diversifying the country, which was true as our country couldn't depend on oil and gas forever. It was bound to run out some time!

"Hey, stop zoning out!" I was brought out of my thoughts by another punch from Nicky.

"Who said I was?" I snapped my head towards her, drawing my arm as far away as I could.

"Is class still bothering you?" she sighed, and stopped walking. This made me throw back my head and groan.

"Nicky, I'm going to be late for work!" I said, pulling her arm. As I yanked her to move, I noticed smething. 

The police station nearby had caught my attention as one of their jeeps pulled up to the curb. Two officers came out of the vehicle and they were escorting a very familiar person. By the looks of it, he was putting up a fight, and my Trinidadian maccociousness kicked into high gear.Nicky seemed to have noticed my gaze and pushed me to continue walking.

"Lef' meh lemme macco nah girl!" I whisper-yelled at Nicky, tugging my arm free from her grip. The guy looked so familiar but I just couldn't see his face! I was so caught up in maccoing that I had not noticed Nicky's expression when she heard me speak in my country's dialect.

"Wes! Hey, Wes! Wesley!" one of the officers said, trying to tame the guy as he thrashed about. "Wesley, stop this right now, or your bail is going to worth more!"

This got the guy to calm down, and I watched as the other two officers tightened their grip on his arms and carried him to the doors.

"C'mon, let's go before anything happens," Nicky said in a hushed voice, forcefully pulling me along and--FINALLY--I saw his face. I knew that I remembered him from somewhere! It was Johnny Bravo's accidental son! Damn, his vanilla roll cake had gone flat, or else I would have noticed him in a heartbeat. He went into the station, and that was the last I saw of him.

"Hey! You two!" one of the police officers yelled, noticing us lingering across the road. "Scram! There's nothing for you to see here!"

"We're going!" Nicky yelled back, dragging me towards Bob's Pizza Palace. "I told you let's go! But no... you just had to be nosy! Has no one ever told you that curiosity killed the cat?!"

This made me laugh as I finally turned away from the police station. "If curiosity really did kill the cat, the entire Trinidad and Tobago would have been dead a long time ago!"

"Huh? " Nicky pulled back from me with a confused look as we turned the corner.