Kid: The beautiful side of a catastrophe

A/N: Pyrophobic!Reader. (Fear towards fire)

'Fire is terrifying; but it can be beautiful too.'

It had been a very dark, yet starry night, its infinity reflected onto the stirring surface of the sea. When (Y/N) had arrived at the party hours ago, she hadn't expected it to become so dusky, her eyes first meeting the waters in the same orange hue of the setting sun behind the horizon.

'The sun is surrounded by fire. But it's mesmerizing.'

The party was being prepared when she had arrived. There was food and drink, balls and rackets to play on shore, and people, a lot of people, girls clad in pompous bikinis and boys wearing ardent trunks.

She herself was wearing a swimwear that would not be shown under tight fitting jeans and a long-sleeved button-up shirt, contrasting with the other guests' clothing choices.

A fair-sized stage was finally assembled by a group of boys you had seen once or twice, maybe; they were the ones who would perform onto that stage in matter of time. However, among them there was one whose face you would definitely remember.

'His hair looks just like fire. However, it's magnificent.'

Eustass Kid was the vocalist of this band you had first heard of when you came to this coastal city on holiday with your family.

"Aren't you feeling hot, (Y/N)?" Said girl looked up at the source of the gruff voice, only to meet with feral, amber orbs. She kept staring, taking in his facial features: his usual frown which lacked eyebrows that would be, for sure, as red as his spiky hair; the curiously shaped nose between sharp eyes; his lips weren't painted as usual, instead a slightly rosy color compared to his pale complexion. As brief as her admiration was, Kid was quick to grow impatient without an answer. "The concert will start soon. Stop dozing off and help, will you?"

Both, (Y/N) and Kid, lived in the same city when were younger, although they barely ever talked. He was the kind of boy who clearly needed help with his grades and seemed to be looking for fight at all times.

Although sometimes he had brought a hand-made robot to school, much to (Y/N)'s respect. She had grown to admire the boy in more ways than one.

'His whole being was as dangerous as fire; yet it would never cease to amaze her.'

Without answering, (Y/N) looked into the distance, admiring how the stars were starting to be seen in a gradually darker blue sky.

A muffled thud made her glace backwards, eyes widening as another noise followed, and felt her body paralyze.

'Fear is just like fire as well; it spreads quickly and rocks from your very core.'