The Jerks

MAYA'S POV

Knock
Knock
Knock

I jump out of my chair, look to my right to see Farkle is no longer on my couch. I lazily stomp over to the pounding on my one bedroom apartment door.

I peek through the peep hole in my door.
It was Liv and Farkle.

"What're you guys doing here?" I ask opening the door gesturing them to come in.

"Well, since I kinda forgot about Liv last night, I brought her out to breakfast," Farkle explained.

I personally loved Liv, she was super nice, but in a very sassy way. I looked down at her hands to see her holding a paper bag that had the word Denny's on it.

"Please tell me that food is for me." I plead.

Liv laughs then shakes her head yes. She handed me the bag and I grabbed it as fast as I could and rushed to the table to eat it.

"So, and excuse my language but, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?" Liv screamed.

I chuckled at her cursing, she only swore if it was absolutely necessary. I hug her tightly, back away, then gesture to Farkle to explain everything to her so I wouldn't have to.

"THE JERKS!" Liv shouted.

"You know I would love to stay and talk about how my life sucks, but sadly, I have to get to work." I stand up and hug Liv and Farkle before shooing them out.

I get dressed in my uniform, and rush down the street to my mom's diner. I clocked in, oh, about 20 seconds late. My mother glares at me through the kitchen window.

"Hey, at least I'm basically here on time, if you don't count the seconds."

My mom rolls her eyes then hands me my apron and notebook to take orders down. I take them plastering a smile on my face as she walks past me, then I roll my eyes. I walk over to a booth to see a guy wearing sunglasses, Inside... Ooh, my douche detector is going off.

"Hi welcome to Katy's diner how may I-"
Before I can finish my sentence the stranger takes off his sunglasses revealing the face, of indeed a douche.

"Oh, it's you." I say glaring at his enchanting eyes. He was so handsome, but I know what he did. I wasn't going to let him do that to me again.

"Maya, I am so sorry. I didn't realize that you wer-"

Before he can finish his sentence Zay slyly hands me his smoothie, and I dump it on Josh's head.

"You know, I hope that your girlfriend enjoys the text messages that you sent other girls. Because, I have a feeling, they get pretty graphic." Zay slides up behind me revealing Josh's phone.

Josh wipes the smoothie from his eyes, then sees his phone in Zay's fingers. Josh frantically pats down his pants to check if it really was his phone. It was. I laugh at the expression on his face.

"Alright what do you want?"

"For your girlfriend to know what a jerk you are." I press send on his phone then return it to Josh. He jumps up out of his seat with eyes the size of golf balls.

"What the fuck did you just do you whore?!"

He comes after me with anger in his eyes. I slowly start backing up away from him. I can see his fists clenching. This is it. I'm going to die now.

"You're going to pay for this slu-"
Josh doesn't get to finish his sentence due to him falling on the ground unconscious. When he falls, he reveals a heavy panting Shawn, holding a frying pan in his hands.

I laugh and hop over Josh to hug my amazing dad. He squeezes me tight before pulling away to check if I had any injuries.

"Are you okay?! He didn't hurt you did he?"

I chuckle at his concern then shake my head no. He lets a sigh of relief slip out, then hugs me again.

While my dad and I are having a moment I hear the bell on our door ring, that means a customer walked in. I see everyone in front of me gawking. I turn around.

Oh great. Prince Charming.

I slip out of dad's arms and purposely bump Lucas's shoulder on my way out the diner. I couldn't deal with two jerks in one day.
I'm done.
Or so I thought.

A gentle hand appears on my wrist, and spins me around to face the owner. Lucas again.

"We need to talk."
I pull away from his grip and shake my head.

"No, no we don't" I start tearing up, "You left me, I needed your help. But you left. There is nothing you could say to me to make this right"

I start to walk away when, once again, he spins me to face him. He pulls me close then whispers to me,
"Meet me outside your apartment building"

He pulls away just as Princess Snooty comes and laces her arm in his.

"Lukey, they're giving us a free breakfast, come on I'm hungry. Oh and remember what your mother and you agreed on. You don't hang out with the little peasant bitch."

I roll my eyes, then walk away. I'm done with this royal shit. I'm not going to let some snot get to me. I'm stronger than that.

Then why was I so hurt?

A/N
Heehee I love having Shawn hit Josh over the head with a frying pan. That was my favorite part.
Ok byyyeee
~Kat😘