Chapter 5

ASH'S POV

I walked out of the room as quickly as I could. I really didn't want Serena seeing this drawing just yet. I wanted it to be a surprise.

"ASH!" I heard Serena yell from behind me.

Oh shoot, I gotta hurry. I thought.

I then began to run to my next class.

"Pikaaaa!" Pikachu cried from Ash's shoulder, barely hanging on.

----------------------------------------------------

SERENA'S POV

RING!

Lunch time. Finally!

I began to head toward the lunch room, but soon saw Ash. It seemed he was walking very cautiously, trying to hide from someone. I assumed it was me, because of earlier, so I decided to sneak up on him.

I made my way over to him, as he was just about to enter the cafeteria.

I snuck up behind his back, and opened my camera on my phone. I pressed the record button, so I could have this as my own little blackmail. Then, I yelled "HEY ASH" into his ear.

A high pitch screech was made, coming from the mouth of Ash, but he soon covered his mouth, allowing no noise to come through.

He quickly turned around to face me.

"Oh my Arceus! It's just you, Serena." He said with a sigh of relief.

"Well, nice girl scream, Ash" I said with a laugh. I than pressed the button on my phone to stop recording.

"Also, I got it on video!" I said, waving my phone in his face, with happiness lingering in my voice.

"No, no, no... Please delete that." He said with a fearful face.

"And why should I? After all, i could use it as blackmail." I said with grin, "Plus, I have to ask you a quick question, but I'll ask you it later."

We then walked into the cafeteria, and made our way to our group table.

"Hey guys!" I said as I sat down.

"Sup Serena, how was class?" Iris said, while munching on an apple.

"Good, you?"

"It was all good, until Gary here, made us get in trouble for talking in Math." Iris replied, glaring at Gary.

"Hey, you guys were talking, too" Gary said defensively.

"Yeah, but we weren't talking about how to pick up girls" Drew said, adding into the conversation, "We on the other hand, were talking about Math"

"Hey, it's what I always say, as long as you don't get in trouble alone, how bad can it be?" Gary said with knowing look.

"It can be very bad!" Misty snapped back, "We have detention! On the first day!"

Wow, a detention already. That sucks.

We then continued eating our food, while talking about other things.

---------------------------

ASH'S POV

Serena and I made our way to the bus, to take us home. Misty, Gary, Drew, and May got into detention because of Gary and Clemont went to the robotics lab for the afternoon.

Barry and Dawn were probably already on the bus.

We walked into the bus, and I looked for a spot. I spotted a seat next to Barry, and quickly made my way over.

"Ash, you always sit next to me on the bus ride home." Serena said to me with a raised eyebrow.

I knew she was going to ask about the drawing, so it was no use sitting next to her. Besides, she had Dawn.

"Umm, I just wanted to sit next to my good ol' pal Barry." I said with a nervous voice.

I then asked Barry if I could sit on the window seat. He agreed within a few seconds. I then started to work on my drawing for Serena.

"Hey, what's that?" Barry then asked me, looking at the drawing.

"Oh this? It's nothing, just some doodling?" I replied nervously.

"Hmm? Oh, ok." Barry said, and continued playing on his phone.

He actually believed me? Wow, Barry sure is gullible. I thought in my head.

I continued working on it until the bus reached my stop. I then got up, but soon realized that this was also Serena's stop, since she was my neighbor. I put the drawing in a folder, and zipped up my backpack. As I walked out, I could feel Serena's presence coming closer.

Uh-oh. I thought.

------------------------

Possibly another update tonight. So yeah, the juicy stuff is coming in a few chapters, so don't you worry! Thanks for all the support as always!