Chapter 6 Lingering Darkness

Start from the beginning

Many people started tapping the glove. Saku put on his glove and tapped it "I fight fifth...in the yellow zone"

"for those who have designated violet, green or black" said Zhao "are to report to training hall two. The rules are the same. You lose, if you surrender, fight dirty or remain down for ten seconds. Also you lose, by forfeit, if you don't attend the fight in time. To make extra sure" Holographic men, in yellow appeared "these AI programs will monitor your every move for foul play. The fights begin in ten minutes. Now good luck...and fight on"

As the announcement died down, people for the other colour zones began funnelling out. For the fighters, for the yellow, red and white zone, they began pairing off. With the ten minutes to cool-down, fighters began warming up. Saku was examining the list of fighters "nope...nope"

"who are you looking for?" asked Sora

"oh, a friend. A girl I said I go watch when she fought. But I'm also looking for anyone familiar. Ah here's Logan" he said pointing to his name "He fights in the violet zone. And he's...fifth, dam I'll be missing his" the fights had started with grunts and groans going on behind them

"here's Kai Saku"

Sora pointed to his name "it said...he's second in the white Zone...so we can go watch his" Saku was still scrolling through

"ah...here she is" he pointed to the name Ellie "this is the friend I was talking about. She fights...third...in the red zone. So I can go watch her without a problem"

"look who else is fighting" said Sora pointing to Ryuu's name "he's third...in the black zone. I guess...he didn't have a win either" Saku put a hand on her shoulder reassuring her

"there definitely is a variety of names here..." Saku attention was drawn to a certain name "but this one...feels strange" the name read Hidan "no surname...weird. He's...last in the black zone"

"Hey Saku...I found your partner Pulya" said Sora pointing to her name "She's fourth, also in the yellow zone.

"well, let's go watch Kai. It'll help kill the time before your match"

The two went over to Kai's match which was already underway. Kai was fighting a older looking boy of seventeen in shirt and jeans. Kai looked to be in complete control as while he looked fine, his opponent was already breathless and panting. Saku looked at Kai "I think this fight is going to be over rather quickly. Who's he fighting anyway?"

"hang on...let me see" said Sora looking at a large board on the wall "it says...Steven" Steven was charging at Steven swinging a wide kick. Kai sighed

"how many times do we have to go over this?" Kai then punched forward in the air...which in turn made a fist of solid black strike Steven in the head.

Saku looked quite surprised as Steven staggered backwards from the punch. Kai then sighed "alright..." he put his hands together "let's get this over with" a thick pool of black ebbed from Kai's feet and from it...thick tentacles of black formed. The tentacles were whipping and striking at Steven hitting him senseless.

As Steven staggered backwards, Kai then separated his hands a little. Between his hand, a ball of solid black began forming "now...have this" Kai then put his hands, side by side in-front of the sphere "Dark...Matter!" a beam of black shot out from the sphere hitting Steven and sending him flying.

Steven was knocked out-cold as Kai sighed with a message above the fight saying WINNER KAI "that was boring" Kai then turned to Saku "I'll be seeing you in the next round" two adults in green carried Steven away "...that is if you can make it...loser" he then left in a huff. Sora looked quite bewildered