part 122 // constellations

jimin always did have a thing for stars. he spent countless nights watching the sky and mapping out constellations, even making up his own sometimes. he wrote them all down in a old journal, tons of notes and scribbles on each and every page. he would have yoongi lay outside with him sometimes, too, and showed him all the patterns he could find. he would spend hours explaining them to yoongi, but yoongi never did care much about the stars, just about the boy laying beside him.

jimin used to try and teach yoongi about astronomy, but yoongi never did pay much attention. sometimes, when jimin would drone on and on about the milky way, yoongi would zone out and end up just blankly staring at the pretty boy in front of him. it was slightly embarrassing, but he just couldnt help it. yoongi remembers every little quirk jimin had, and he loved every one of them. it was the little things about him, that yoongi missed the very most.

now that jimin is gone, yoongi doesnt have anyone to show him the stars. yoongi wakes up one morning, looks at himself in the mirror, and realizes just how broken he is without jimin. he hasnt slept properly in weeks, eaten barely enough to sustain himself, and ignored each and every call from his friends. he had already gone through all of jimins things, each of them hurting more than the last, but there was one thing he still refused to look at. jimins precious journal.

he refused because he could still remember how it felt to hold the little hands that wrote those pages and hear the little voice that read them out loud. it took him a full hour to convince himself to go out with the journal in hand and watch the stars, because he knew jimin would've liked that he did. so, he eventually makes his way outside, to the spot that jimin always took him to, and lays down flat on his back, holding the journal against his stomach, and wonders briefly if maybe jimin is one of the stars up there.

yoongi spent hours like that, trying his best to find the constellations jimin wrote about, but yoongi never did have very good eyesight. he couldnt see very well and his glasses prescription hadnt been renewed in years, but it was the thought that really counted, he supposed. he stayed like that for what felt like days, eventually giving up on trying to find the patterns and just gazing instead, a feeling of calmness washing over him for the first time in months.

"i bet you're up there somewhere, huh, jimin?" he says to the sky, chuckling hollowly. he tries to imagine a smiling jimin, up there floating happily with the stars, and the thought makes him happy for just a moment, knowing that jimin is happy. "i bet you're one of the big bright ones." he smiles to the sky, and hopes that somewhere, up there, jimin really is with the stars. and that he really is happy and okay. yoongi feels okay, too, and he hasnt in a while. he knows its jimin making him feel this way.

so, as he lay there with a full heart and open eyes, the wind in his hair and the grass at his finger tips, he takes a deep breath in before letting it out into a content sigh. "you always were my shining star, jiminie." he whispers into the sky, imagining a smiling jimin, perched on a big bright star, looking back down at him.

//

a/n welcome to volume 2!!

lots of love, namjoon1994 !