One

Makenzie suddenly shot up in bed, holding on to her head. Her chest rising and falling almost like she had ran a marathon. Beads of sweat drenched her forehead and body causing her black hair to stick to her face, her usual light blue eyes glazed over and darkened in fear. She regained her wits and looked around gripping the blanket.

"This... this isn't my home last thing I remember was..." she trailed off sadly, she was alive but she couldn't exactly pin point the events that happened which lead to her being here. The door creaked open and a beam of yellow light illuminated through the room as a boy with black hair and an eye patch on walked in. he flicked the light switch and the room filled with light causing her to shield her eyes. She glanced at him before looking over him and trembling before backing up into the wall with a loud shriek, he was a ghoul. No, yes... yes he was, she remembered him clearly. Her voice of reason screamed into her ears and pounding into her head.

"You... your that ghoul! Where did you take me! Please don't hurt me I... I promise I... I will go and leave you be!" she cried out, her small body wracking with hard tremors. Run. The boy's eye went wide and held up his hands

"H... hey it's okay I'm not going to hurt you... do... do you even remember what happened earlier?" he asked her stepping closer, she shook her head and pressed flat against the wall, to be truthful she remembered nothing but him. That and she blacked out.

"W...where am I! What are you going to do with me!" she cried out, frightened tears slid down her face dripping off her face. Get away, don't sit here.

"I... I saved you from four other ghouls... you don't remember that?" he asked her. She just stared blankly at him; he sighed and shook his head discouraged that he couldn't ease her somehow.

"M... my name is Kaneki, what is yours?" he asked her, she gulped air hard to try and calm herself down, her efforts failing as her mind was reeling with fear.

"Mak... Makenzie..." she said almost inaudibly, he smiled at her and looked over her slightly. This girl seemed very familiar but he couldn't place where he had seen her. Kaneki went to say something but then a small knock rang over the room, and then walked in an older gentleman with a head full of gray hair

"Kaneki how is the young lady doing?" he asked in a soothing voice, he turned to him and gave him a nervous smile, her eyes flicked from the older gentleman then back to Kaneki. Sweat beading up more and running down her face, her breathing almost shallow and rapid.

"She is still rather scared Yoshimura, her name is Makenzie that's what I managed to get out of her..." he got cut off by a loud shriek from her as she stood and jumped off the bed. Get away, run.

"Le...let me go please..." she begged holding her temples with her fists looking down, no matter how hard she tried she couldn't regain posture as a normal human being, right now she was acting like a terrified little girl.

"Makenzie please calm down you had a rather rough night, I don't want you to put further stress on you then that has already happened" he said to her soothingly, she pushed past them sobbing and shoved open the door behind them before tearing out of the room. Run, Run, Run. Get away s soon as you can. They didn't intend to hold her, a human couldn't hurt them with their bare hands but they didn't want to scare her even more than she already was.

"Oh dear, the poor child she is terrified I think since you revealed yourself to her she has picked up on that we are all ghouls here." he said to him before moving to walk out, Kaneki followed him out to watch her take off down the hall. All he wanted to do was save her, try to do something humane and it turned into this. Makenzie shot down the hall she suddenly ran into something and stumbled backward and looked up to see a rather large man with silver hair and wearing an overcoat, he gave her a small grunt and looked her over. Her eyes widened and she was frozen as she stared up at him. He leaned down and she suddenly fell backward passing out. Yoshimura walked down the hall following after her but as a distance.

"Yomo I see you have met Makenzie..." he said as Yomo bent down to pick her up sniffing her faintly as his brows creased in confusion before his eyes began to flicker slightly, he shook his head and took a deep breath now even more confused than before. His eyes have never done that, nor was he hungry.

"She's a human?" he asked him, Yoshimura nodded as he looked her over as she lay limp in Yomo's arms. Even in unconsciousness her expressions where more than just full of fear but they were frozen in a state.

"A small mishap happened her house was broken into, her guardians killed and then they chased her, as you can tell by the marks on her neck they held her there and she passed out but not before she saw Kaneki revealed himself to save her. She is in total shock and is unable to regain her composure." He explained to him, Yomo looked behind him to see Kaneki and gave him a cold glare and an irritated grunt.

"Now Yomo, he was just trying to help you can't be upset. She is terrified I don't think the poor thing is a threat to us..." he trailed off

"So what do you plan on doing with the girl?" he asked handing her to Yoshimura, he shook his head as he took her. Makenzie wasn't very tall she was five foot even and had long straight black hair that was hanging down almost to his shoes and was built like a woman. They didn't know her age but they knew she wasn't just a mere child, even though that's how she was behaving.

"I don't know, to be honest, I don't know who else she has or who she is. I may let her stay here for a while until she can get things sorted out." he said to him, Yomo responded with a grunt before Yoshimura began to walk down the hall and placing her back into the bed she has woken up in earlier, Yomo tailed him watching him but the small girl down.

"We will let her calm down, eat, and talk to us and I will decide then but for now we are to leave her be. If she chooses to leave we will let her." he said in a hushed tone before shutting the light out and walking out, Yomo followed him and shut the door quietly before they walked off.